Frogspawn Help. So Confused..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok i need some help cause I am stumped. I have had this colony of frogspawn for about a year. it has about 12 heads and 6 of them open well and 6 only a little. When a do a water change within 4 minutes ALL of them open very very wide. I mean the best polyp extension. The next day, the same 6 heads will not extend at all again. what the heck can happen when the lights go off and back on that these heads won't open back up. I have 6 True lumen Pro Led strips over the 55 gallon tank. 4 Marine fusion and 2 deepwater blue all 48 inch. Maybe too much light? Just can't understand why they look like crap until I put the new water in and next day back to looking like crap. All the other corals are looking good. No brown jelly or nothing. this has been going on for so long. I'm so confused.

No way due to lighting, this is parameter related. Without those numbers you won't have an exact answer, but I'd have a feeling it liked some fresh water in.

I'll snap a pic and do some testing when I get home. This has been going on for a LONG time though. Could it be cause the heads are touching each other. Maybe frag it?

That might be a good idea. Frag it and put the other heads on the other side of tank. But as mentioned above make sure your parameters are ok.

Back
Top Bottom