frontosa help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thnx he is in the the 80 gallon now do you think he will be ok in my other tank its a 55 gallon I might move him if its ok

You probably shouldn't keep it in a 55 long term, but depending on its size it'll be ok for a while. I have 11 of them in a 55 right now, but they're all young.
(no lectures please lol)

Yea most likely I'm keeping him in the 80 I was gonna start salt water tank in the 80 and fresh in the 55

frontosa take a while to grow they are not like Oscars (you go to bed and then in the morning you swear it looks bigger)

A 55 gallon Solo if it is a Juvy s/b ok just have a plan.

You could do a nice reef tank in a 55 gallon?

Frontosa get big, and messy also. Although on its own your tank is sufficient, frontosa like to be in groups. So I would upgrade you tank to a 120 and get 5 or. 6 more. If you intend to keep frontosa.

They grow fairly quick for the first year or so and then slow down . I brought one at about 1.5 inches. Fed on good food and with space he/she is now nearly 4 inches in about 4 months.

Read up what you can on the species to find out I you can give them what they need. Any questions feel free to pm me. I have a large group of Burundi frontosa that I'm trying to breed. I just can't get them to hold for longer that 5days at the mo.

Good luck

Frontosa get big, and messy also. Although on its own your tank is sufficient, frontosa like to be in groups. So I would upgrade you tank to a 120 and get 5 or. 6 more. If you intend to keep frontosa.

They grow fairly quick for the first year or so and then slow down . I brought one at about 1.5 inches. Fed on good food and with space he/she is now nearly 4 inches in about 4 months.

Read up what you can on the species to find out I you can give them what they need. Any questions feel free to pm me. I have a large group of Burundi frontosa that I'm trying to breed. I just can't get them to hold for longer that 5days at the mo.

Good luck

Really? My Frontosa I had for over 4 months has barely grew a 1/2 inch in that time. His is around 2 1/2 now. I have a Oscar that was the same size back in Jan and now he is double the Frontosa's size.

Are you giving it quality food and weekly water changes? If so, it should be growing like a weed! lol

Omega One Cichlid Pellet 2x daily supplemented by , Frozen Krill one a week, Steamed vegd
PWC 50% every 4-5 days. Dependent on Nitrate level. Nothing over 40ppm.

Tank is Cycled....picture to follow

I feed white bait, mysis, prawn, muscles, live ghost shrimp. And some other frozen foods. And some seaweed flakes

I change, 10- 25 % pwc weekly
Running a fluval 404 with ceramic beads , foams, bio balls . And an internal filter .

Off-topic observation:

Your frontosa appears to be a cross-variant Frontosa hybrid.

It has 7 stripes (possessed only the the Kigoma and Bangwe/Boulomboros) yet it has the classic Burundi variant eye-stripe, and burundi's are a 6-stripe frontosa variant.

If you get additional frontosa's you may not want to breed this one.

Back
Top Bottom