Frozen Blood Worms just sink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PilotGav

Aquarium Advice Regular
I fed my Harlequin Rasboras frozen bloodworms today. Well... I tried...

I soaked them in tank water for 30 seconds and then gently poured them into the tank.

They sank in 15 seconds and ended up in the plants. Almost no one got any.

How can I endure they get Esten and don't just dink and foul up the tank?

Search for a cone worm feeder. It will keep them up near the surface where the fish can pick at them through the holes as they poke out.

I crush the frozen bloodworm cube with a hammer (or knife handle, etc.) and immediately drop the bloodworms into the tank. As long as they're still frozen, they float for a moment or two, usually enough for my hatchetfish to get a few on the surface, and then tetras catch them as they float down.

I soak a cube with some tank water and garlic guard in a cup for about 10 minutes. When it's thawed out, I portion it out amongst our 4 tanks. It does sink when thawed out, but if you have sinking clumps, it's still frozen.

i put mine in a dog medicine feeder with tank water let it thaw and spot feed a few times till they get there fill works out great with all frozen and live brine to

I just throw mine in frozen an they pick at it as it melts. A few drop down for my black ghost knife fish but most of it is eaten by everyone else before it hits bottom.

I fed my Harlequin Rasboras frozen bloodworms today. Well... I tried...

I soaked them in tank water for 30 seconds and then gently poured them into the tank.

They sank in 15 seconds and ended up in the plants. Almost no one got any.

How can I endure they get Esten and don't just dink and foul up the tank?

I rub the cube between my fingers when it's submerged so worms break off slowly...or until my ghostknife rips it out of my fingers.

Had to smile reading this, our Oscar eats the whole dang cube probably before it even touches the water :) when he was little we would drop the frozen cube in and it would float at the top and he would just pick at it to eat it. Now he just has no table manners at all hehe :)

Back
Top Bottom