Frozen Food or Dry Flakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JM5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:roll: Just curious, is it best to feed dry Flakes or frozen Brine Shrimp or both? We also alternate days with frozen Mysis Shrimp.
I have a Clown and a couple Tangs, damsels, Peppermint Shrimps, Corals, and Anemone's.
Any suggestions??

Personally i use a mix of marine pellet food and frozen clyclop-eze as well as blended raw shrimp that i freeze. Brine shrimp have very little nutritional value so i choose not to feed them those. I mix up what i feed em' cause i wouldnt want to eat the same thing everyday LOL. For example one day they get marine pellets one day cyclop-eze and then shrimp the next. Oh and i put Nori in for my Blennie to munch on. I try and make sure i have something every resident likes. IMOthe most important thing is to mix it up and not to overfeed !

home made, blended seafood/nori mush works well. The fine particles feed the mushrooms, polyps, corals well, and the chunks are great for the anenome. I soak mine in zoe before feeding.

I have no idea about making the food?? :roll:
Can you tell me a little bit about how, and what to buy? Does it all come from the LFS or the market?
Thanks for your tme!

Teri's recepie gets great reviews from everyone who's tried it. As soon as I have more than a sea urchin and a damsel to feed, I'll be adopting it I'm sure.

:D Yes I plan to mix up a batch this weekend....
It sounds really yummy!! :wink:

Sounds cool. Where is a good place to get some of the ingriedents? I live 97 miles from the nearest big town, so an online merchant would be best.
Thanks,
Zero

Back
Top Bottom