Frustrated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BLUEYES said:
i've done 2 50% pwc today and its got my ammonia down to .50 from 2/4. i use stress coat it says removes chlorine & chloramines detoxifies heavy metals. i add the water and put the stress coat in immediatly after. Yes i have an airstone and my filter is about 1in above my water level so it moves it around good.

BLUEYES said:
i only put the stress coat in for the amount of new water im putting in the tank is that right?
There is the likely problem. You are chlorine zapping your bacteria colonies.

Depending on how you do your PWCs:
Using buckets/jugs - Add treatment to container and mix with water. Five gallon jug, use enough to treat five gallons and mix.

Using Python type thing - Add treatment to tank, enough for the ENTIRE VOLUME of the tank, BEFORE you refill.

BLUEYES said:
wpell #*** thats probably my problem then the chlorine is killing the bacteria huh explains everything ty god i feel stupid right now.

Did you fill it all the way up then put dechlorinator in? Was the filters running with chlorinated water? Don't feel bad, we've all done stupid **** when we started!

yes it was running with chlorinated water, thanks for making me feel btr guess you gotta learn sometime right. Now that i no the problem hopefully i will be ok. I've added the additional stress coat probably to late since i did the wc several hours ago. Hopefully it wont take to long for the cycle to start.

I use a 1 gallon pitcher... sometime i make many trips:ROFLMAO:

BLUEYES said:

Just dose each pitcher! That's how I did mine until I got a python. How far is your tank from a sink?

BLUEYES said:

Wow, crazy. Walmart sells some very cool five gallon jugs that have little valves on them, they are right next to the water machine. I have four of them and treat and bubble the water for 24 hours, very handy.

lol 20/30 feet i have a 5 gallon jug im going to start using.

Back
Top Bottom