Fry HELP!!!!! Acei

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigMac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My holding acei is no longer holding. Since it was her first time I figured she swallowed the eggs. But then I saw one of my other fish trying to squeeze into a tight area and saw a fry!!!!!

Now the sad part. I have a small tank I setup for the mom and eggs but they hatched before I moved her. I was able to catch this fry and moved him over. I setup the filter with pantyhose over the intake. However, I noticed the current was too strong and was throwing the poor little guy around. By the time I turned off the filter it was too late :(. I killed him:(

I did notice a 2nd fry alive in my main tank and moved him. But what do I do about a filter? How can I give this guy a chance???

Any ideas????

CraigMac said:
My holding acei is no longer holding. Since it was her first time I figured she swallowed the eggs. But then I saw one of my other fish trying to squeeze into a tight area and saw a fry!!!!!

Now the sad part. I have a small tank I setup for the mom and eggs but they hatched before I moved her. I was able to catch this fry and moved him over. I setup the filter with pantyhose over the intake. However, I noticed the current was too strong and was throwing the poor little guy around. By the time I turned off the filter it was too late :(. I killed him:(

I did notice a 2nd fry alive in my main tank and moved him. But what do I do about a filter? How can I give this guy a chance???

Any ideas????

Wonder if there is a way you could Mcgyver a sponge in front of the current some how?? Ur filter isn't adjustable? I can adjust the flow on my AC's. Good luck!!! Wish I could be more help!!

Get yourself an air powered sponge filter ASAP. The only filter that's 100% safe without modifications.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

The other thing you can do in an absolute jam - but you will have to be religious on your water changes is a air stone hooked up to an airline - this will give you a chance to get a sponge filter which is a great choice when raising fry

Ok, before reading about the sponge filter I ran out and bought more filter pad that you cut to size. I cut some and put over the intake, ten added a bunch more in with the filter media. It's PERFECT! I have 6 happy fry!!!!! I just noticed one more hiding under some rock in the corner of my main tank.......is it cruel if I leave him in and hope for the best? When I fed the big guys a crumbled a little flake and dropped it into his corner and he ate it!

I can't believe how tiny they are!

Back
Top Bottom