Fry tank *size/shape* question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm using a 20 long as a grow out tank right now(mainly Endlers, 6 or so BNs & a couple of Swords) but I'm in the process of rearranging tanks and was wondering if using reg 22g with a smaller footprint would impact growth in any way. It would certainly make the rearranging easier. I *can* leave it the way it is if thats best for them but moving them would make *me* happier

As long as you can acclimate them properly, and the tank is cycled, I would see not too much of an issue. I kept new molly fry in a 3 gallon storage tote for 2 weeks while I set up a larger grow out tank. I have not raised BN before, but I know 20 gallons is much large enough for endlers, and good enough for swords. Will they be kept in this aquarium or is it just for temporary holding?

They live here til they're *hopefully* too big to be considered snacks

Hi earthmother,
I was told a long time ago and have since confirmed that in order to get strong fast growth from fry multiple water changes are necessary. I assume you have dozens of endlers and BN plecos?
I have an 83 litre / 22 gallon tall with female and endler fry my routine is two 45% water changes each week with the odd random 20% at odd times as I clean a filter.
It is a hormone that fry release that stops each other growing.

Short answer.
As long as you do the work the fry will grow up healthy.

They get ~50% weekly because of they're currently located on ghe bottom level of a stand so getting decent aipgonjbg past a certain point is a PIA. If I move them they go up a level so water changes will *probably* become more frequent

Back
Top Bottom