Fry tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexisashley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently got a betta falls 3 section aquarium. I want to use it for fry until they can either go in my main tank or to new homes. (Molly and guppy fry). Does anyone have any experience with this tank? Do you think it would be okay for the fry until they are big enough to go in with adult fish? Any feed back on this tank would be great! Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_8747.png
    IMG_8747.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 1
I recently got a betta falls 3 section aquarium. I want to use it for fry until they can either go in my main tank or to new homes. (Molly and guppy fry). Does anyone have any experience with this tank? Do you think it would be okay for the fry until they are big enough to go in with adult fish? Any feed back on this tank would be great! Thank you
That tank is too small for those fry to grow in. I would do a standard 5 gallon tank ( 16"L x 8"W x 10"H ) or larger to raise up the fry to a size where they can go into the other tank with other fish.

2.2 gallons/ 8 litres, thats less than 1 gallon per compartment. Not even big enough for a betta.

Ive thought about getting one of those types of divided tanks to keep bettas in. AquaOne make one that gives 10 litres/2.5 gallons per compartment that ive been tempted with in the past.

The one you are looking at you can get for $20? Ive searched that up here in the UK and lowest price i can find is £91/ $115 + tax.

Back
Top Bottom