Fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
congrats Jess! ...beautiful babies. I like the plants in there -nice and cozy for the little guys. I need to get some too.

JimmyG said:
congrats Jess! ...beautiful babies. I like the plants in there -nice and cozy for the little guys. I need to get some too.

Thanks! They love the plants! I've noticed the fry don't mess with the plants like the adults. They have been raised with Subwassertang and java moss and I never see them pick at it unless they are looking for food :)

kjacks said:
Im gonna call dave n get a quote today for all my fish n shippin.. he has all but the snow white, n i think the nyerereis...

Well I have lots of Nyererei's :) they are still small tho, idk if your interested in them being so small. I'm hoping they come into color soon! I have one dominant who's bars are always showing and I can see a hint if red on him. Some are flashing yellow and alot have sheen on their dorsals :D

AndrewsPistol said:
Well I have lots of Nyererei's :) they are still small tho, idk if your interested in them being so small. I'm hoping they come into color soon! I have one dominant who's bars are always showing and I can see a hint if red on him. Some are flashing yellow and alot have sheen on their dorsals :D

Well i plan on buyin them small so i can watch them change ... i just wanted to try n get them n the m/f ratio but as small as i could in order to do that...lol i never got around to callin dave either work was hectic..

Jason7894561230 said:
Wow the bottom one has certainly got some beautiful colour! Just shows how high quality diet and water changes alter a fishes looks!

This made my day! I've worked really hard to being these babies up as healthy as possible :)

Convict2161 said:
Good for you Jess!! My guys never make it :(

Ahhhhh there u are ;D

I seperate them, that's why they make it, lol. I had one tiny one in the main that lasted till it got to be about 1/2 inch but now it's gone :/

Welcome back ;)

That's a really big grow out tank lol do you think you'll be able to leave it that way?

It is big, lol, and bare! Idk, probably not in the long run but I have about 70 right now altogether and the 20 's & 10 looked cramped :/ u can't see the real little guys but batch #1 are getting HUGE! ;)

Still have about 20 to move into that tank too! Little buggers are hard to catch hahaa

Last edited:
Another shot :) hard to see the ones by the sand, there is approximately 50 in there right now ;)

Attachments

• image-364420035.jpg
    image-364420035.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 131
Awww, they are so cute! I can't wait to see more pictures as they get older!

Thank you! I'm getting ready to take some in on trade & I'm sending a handful to Kristian soon ;) she's getting my "pick of the litter" and some females, he's gorgeous I'll try to get a pic when I get home :)

What all are they?

Mainly Nyererei "Ruti Island" and a few miscellaneous... A couple Kenyi & some Zebras, I stripped a female Red Zebra approximately 2 1/2 weeks ago to find they are crosses :( Cobalt x Red Zebra i believe as half are orange & half are dark blue. Debating on feeding them to the turtle or tossing em in the main and what survives can live out they're days with the gang. Really wasn't expecting it, but it is what it is!

EDIT: I'd like to apologize in advance if the feeding of fry to my turtle offends anyone. I feel it's a safer bet for me to raise my turtles food, in home, as opposed to buying it. I also feel its humane, the circle if life kinda deal, and hey... Everyone's gotta eat! It does suck cuz they are cute and all, but so are baby cows & I love veal :D

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm getting ready to take some in on trade & I'm sending a handful to Kristian soon ;) she's getting my "pick of the litter" and some females, he's gorgeous I'll try to get a pic when I get home :)

Go me go me ... ;)

Lol i already been tellin my hubby's yellow lab (big momma) thats tryin to push her size round that she not gonna b happy when the new babies arrive bc the males gonna b the big boss... lol ( not sure if its a female but all the other fish follow it around like mother goose so Big Momma it is til i know if its a m/f)

Back
Top Bottom