Fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4 babyloves on they're way to Louisiana! Hope they do ok! My first fish shipping experience! Nervoussss!!!

Hi AndrewsPistol, I'm new here so not familar with your works, but if you missing camera is found and of the more professional type (example Canon 5DMII type) I can be of much help in macro and lighting information. Otherwise Hello. :welcome::welcome: PP

Got the babies all alive headed home with them now

Yay! That's fantastic news!!!! I'm so happy ;):):)

Hi AndrewsPistol, I'm new here so not familar with your works, but if you missing camera is found and of the more professional type (example Canon 5DMII type) I can be of much help in macro and lighting information. Otherwise Hello. :welcome::welcome: PP

Awesome! I found the camera but lost the charger but ordered a new one that should be here Monday! It's a Panasonic Lumix dmc-fz47. I would love help with it :)

The lil guy n gals have been swimmin n wont keep still long enough to get good pics.. then once they do my bunch try to hog the attention.. i go to the tank alot to try n get them used to me being over there for more then feed time.. when i touch the lid though they go crazy .. lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121222_232229.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121222_232229.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 110
The lil guy n gals have been swimmin n wont keep still long enough to get good pics.. then once they do my bunch try to hog the attention.. i go to the tank alot to try n get them used to me being over there for more then feed time.. when i touch the lid though they go crazy .. lol

Hahaa! My mom was over the other day & she says "Are ur fish hungry or something? They keep following me!" Lol :)

How early do they pick there mates? The male (which im thinkin about callin Pyro) only lets 1 certain female hang with him the other 2 get nipped n if they dont take the hint chased away to the opposite side of the tank.. I didnt think they would pick this early.. i wondered if mayb it was chasing a second male but it never shows any coloring n then i noticed its not just the 1 its both . Oh yea n i luv my babies they r the smallest n the tank othe then the synos but they dont back down n usually win the piece of food they were fightin for...lol i luv watchin them

How early do they pick there mates? The male (which im thinkin about callin Pyro) only lets 1 certain female hang with him the other 2 get nipped n if they dont take the hint chased away to the opposite side of the tank.. I didnt think they would pick this early.. i wondered if mayb it was chasing a second male but it never shows any coloring n then i noticed its not just the 1 its both . Oh yea n i luv my babies they r the smallest n the tank othe then the synos but they dont back down n usually win the piece of food they were fightin for...lol i luv watchin them

Not too sure! I see some males in the fry tank from your batch showing off for the ladies already, blows my mind cuz they are tiny babies still lol :) hopefully you only got one male :) I tried to get ones with no egg spots or hints on red on the tails! And yes they are so fiesty! Not afraid of anything!!! The babies daddy was picking in my male Compressiceps the other day and he has a good 4 inches on him! I love the name! Fits him very well :) so happy they are doing well :D

Not too sure! I see some males in the fry tank from your batch showing off for the ladies already, blows my mind cuz they are tiny babies still lol :) hopefully you only got one male :) I tried to get ones with no egg spots or hints on red on the tails! And yes they are so fiesty! Not afraid of anything!!! The babies daddy was picking in my male Compressiceps the other day and he has a good 4 inches on him! I love the name! Fits him very well :) so happy they are doing well :D

Yea they r doing great..lol they have grown since u sent them n are so full of energy i cant get a good pic of them. I have been postin videos on fb for my mom..jamie dont like the name pyro says im stuck on it but i like it..lol we have beast for my cyno , n domino for my paralabidochromis chromogynos ..then flare for my compressicep.. thats all we named cant tell the others apart good enough...lol

hopefully you only got one male :) I tried to get ones with no egg spots or hints on red on the tails! :D

Ok so upon new investigations i have strained my eyes to keep up with the fast lil boogers..lol but i know my male Pyro has 2 clearly visible egg spots. 1 of the ones that gets ran off has 1 spot mayb 2 it was light n hard to see especially with them going up n down the tank tryin to get my attention..lol then the other 1 that gets ran off has 1 spot ok n it looks like the 1 that hangs with Pyro has no spot from what i can see..

Ok so upon new investigations i have strained my eyes to keep up with the fast lil boogers..lol but i know my male Pyro has 2 clearly visible egg spots. 1 of the ones that gets ran off has 1 spot mayb 2 it was light n hard to see especially with them going up n down the tank tryin to get my attention..lol then the other 1 that gets ran off has 1 spot ok n it looks like the 1 that hangs with Pyro has no spot from what i can see..

Eggs spots are ok :) I wanna say that 96% of my females in the main tank have eggspots. Actually checking for eggspots to sex ur fish is super unreliable, kinda like an old wives tale, I have some ladies with 2 & 3 :) as long as you aren't noticing red on the very top of the tail fin that's usually where the first displays of color have been happening. It's funny how he has a girlfriend like his dad! My boy breeds with one lady & 1 lady only usually. There is a hierarchy between females of these fish, the "queen" doesn't like him sleeping around haha. Occasionally I have 2 knocked up at the same time, usually when the dominant female is already holding & can't spawn when he demands.

Eggs spots are ok :) I wanna say that 96% of my females in the main tank have eggspots. Actually checking for eggspots to sex ur fish is super unreliable, kinda like an old wives tale, I have some ladies with 2 & 3 :) as long as you aren't noticing red on the very top of the tail fin that's usually where the first displays of color have been happening. It's funny how he has a girlfriend like his dad! My boy breeds with one lady & 1 lady only usually. There is a hierarchy between females of these fish, the "queen" doesn't like him sleeping around haha. Occasionally I have 2 knocked up at the same time, usually when the dominant female is already holding & can't spawn when he demands.

Yea i looked back at ur pic of the female just to see again what they would look like n she had 1 egg spot. I think i have 3 females bc they havent flashed any color n the tail fins are a yellow color not red like Pyros ... Jamie has made so much fun at me over that name .. hes all like whats the deal with this name bc i was gonna name m compressicep that bc he will b red but i changed my mind n think it fits our lil guy best.. ;)

The lil babies are growin so much..here is the lil female thats a loner i think shes the prettiest ..

ForumRunner_20130108_200706.jpg

ForumRunner_20130108_200658.jpg

These pics dont do her justice .. i need to start usin my camera instead of this crappy phone its just always handy n my camera is not..

Here is the lil man..he doesnt stay still at all took 20mims to get this .. i loaded a better video of him n the females on fb jess

Lookin good!!! ;) your taking great care of them :D he's gonna be gorgeous!!!

I get horrible service at home ill have to watch it at work tomorrow :)

Lookin good!!! ;) your taking great care of them :D he's gonna be gorgeous!!!

I get horrible service at home ill have to watch it at work tomorrow :)

Aww that means alot comin from u .. i know how attached u were to them.. i try.. they r soo spoiled i feed them alil before i leave for work then alil more once i get home.. jamie fusses bc they r the first thing i talk to in the morning after waking up ,once i get home & before i go to bed.. lol even got him talkin to them ;) they r growin on him alot ..

Back
Top Bottom