Fugus or Ich... Affecting several fish - Any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

limemittens

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For the past week or so, have been noticing a cloudy film/ discoloration forming on the body scales and head of our black domino damsel and our yellow tang. Came home today to find the Tang dead today (he seemed fine yesterday eating and all) and the Domino appears kind of stressed (i.e. swimming back and forth fast, rapid breathing at times). Our Coral Angel is also appearing to have the beginnings of the same with small little dots of white forming on his head and dorsal side. I have included pictures. This does not look like Ich but I am no expert. Thinking possibly a fungus after doing some reading on here, but not sure of what kind and how to treat. Please help.

Have the following:
75 gal FOWLR - about 200 lbs or so of live rock
1 Coral Angel - recently added
1 Domino Damsel - the sick one
1 Tomato Clown
1- Blue Devil Damsel
1- Six Line Wrasse
1- Blenny (forget what type)
1 - Striped Damsel
Inverts include: Choco Chip Starfish, 3 Emerald Crabs and cleaner crew of various turbos and hermit crabs.

SG - 1.023
Nitrates - 30
Nitrites - 0
pH: 7.8-8.0
Ammonia - 0.25 (probably due to dead fish - normally 0)

Have been doing FWC for the past week or so to get the Nitrates back, but have always struggled with this. Recent breakout, of cyano a few months ago, but appears to be under control after adjusting to every other day feeding.

Attachments

• domino_132.jpg
    domino_132.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 47
  • domino_3_143.jpg
    domino_3_143.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 55
  • domino_2_358.jpg
    domino_2_358.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 45
  • angel_211.jpg
    angel_211.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 59
When you speak of small little dots and rapid breathing - and the fast death, I'm thinking about the possibility of marine velvet. Can't see your pics well enuf to see anything - especially my untrained eye.

Still look that up and see what you think. Usually by the time it appears, its very late. Spots on the dorsal fins?

Back
Top Bottom