Fully stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I am a little lost, did you decide to get one and then when it starts getting big rehome it? That is what you would have to do, because as jetajockey stated, the BGK will get too big for a 55. Have you looked into an African Brown Knife? Not quite as cool looking as a BGK but still about the same body shape and they don't get as big.

I've seen the brown knife and I like the look of them too but I would prefer the black. I have a friend that I might be able to rehome it too. If not then my Lfs will take him. But I will look at the black and brown side by side to see if it's worth the rehome to get the black.

All right, sounds good! And, just a note, the African Brown Knife likes hand-feeding also. Thought I would point that out, as it seems important to you.

Ok thanks everyone. Jetajockey, how long do you think it will take home to reach 8-9 inches. At this point I will probably have to rehome him.

jetajockey said:
I got my bgk about a year ago at around 3" and he's about 5 now, so definitely been a slow grower for me. He loves bloodworms as well.

Yeah mine was purchased at 2-3 in and I rehomed him when he was around 6-7in. Very slow grower tho, kinda like clown loaches haha

DanS180 said:
Yeah mine was purchased at 2-3 in and I rehomed him when he was around 6-7in. Very slow grower tho, kinda like clown loaches haha

How long did that take?

Another question I thought of, do knifes care where the caves/tubes are? On the bottom, on the sides? The one empty cave I have now is on the bottom but I could make another one. Another idea I had was to get a 3" diameter PVC or clear pipe, silicon suction cups to it (3 or 4) and then cover that in rocks so it didn't look out of place. thenI would place this on the side of my tank. By doing this I could also move it more often and possible add more.

jackwagon said:
Another question I thought of, do knifes care where the caves/tubes are? On the bottom, on the sides? The one empty cave I have now is on the bottom but I could make another one. Another idea I had was to get a 3" diameter PVC or clear pipe, silicon suction cups to it (3 or 4) and then cover that in rocks so it didn't look out of place. thenI would place this on the side of my tank. By doing this I could also move it more often and possible add more.

Yeah you could do all those things, they don't really care where they are placed, as long as its a place to hide lol

Just put in my order for a BGK at my Lfs. Will be here on Thursday hopefully.

DanS180 said:
Hahaha, why's that?

Hancock was a super hero. He was cool, he could fly and he was awesome. So that's why he will be Hancock.

Back
Top Bottom