Fun to compare. Plan ahead!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SparKy697

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was looking through some photo files this morning and thought I'd share two of them.

This is where the lack of a plan can get you. This was NEVER going to be a planted tank. Until I got one little plant, then another. Before long it was an exorcise in putting them where ever you can find a spot.

For the other new people on this forum, if you think that you even might one day want a plant in your tank, plan it from the start. Worst case is that you end up putting plastic plants where the real ones would have gone.

Before
tank.jpg

After
29growth.jpg

You know what, though? I don't think your tank looks bad at all! Needs a trim, but you have all the pieces of a great scape with a little rearranging! Nice combination of leaf shapes and colors, good hardscape to work with, and all the plants are obviously very happy.

I will confess that I really love the overgrown look. I think the biggest problem is that it is almost all stem plants. I have purposely left them to grow so that I will have clippings to place in my new 55.

I really like the look of the substrate but it is pretty coarse and heavy for plant roots IMO

As you all know, it is a great feeling to see your once struggling plants take off and look so happy.

Back
Top Bottom