Fungus on Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I was to just switch filters would that help out? From what I am understanding the good bacteria will build up on the decor in tank as well as the filter.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You mean replace the current "uncycled" filter with a "cycled" filter than absolutely, it will instantly cycle the tank. If vise versa, then I would say no.

if you mean put a cycled filter in your tank to replace the brand new one then yes it will instantly cycle it. If you mean take out the dirty filter and replace it with a new one then no, doing that will only make matters worse. Good bacteria is everywhere in the tank, rocks, décor, airstones, heater, sides of tank....but the majority of it lives on or near areas with lots of oxygenation, like a filter pad or sponge.

I have two of the same filters so I will just switch the pads tomorrow and see how it goes for the next few days.

So these are the latest test results.

I would love an explanation and I think my Anubis Nana is starting to grow a little. I am thinking it's not dying at least...

Attachments

• 1443154246121.jpg
    1443154246121.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 1443154306478.jpg
    1443154306478.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 33
My plant is a lot lighter in person.

One thing I noticed is that your anubias is planted in the gravel? Hard to tell from the pid but you don't want the rhizome in the gravel. Bettas need lots of clean water changes to heal that is for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The rhizome is the stem right not the roots?

The stem itself isn't in the gravel.

I really can't tell from the pic but yeah just the roots will be fine. And yes the stem thing is the rhizome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom