Funniest thing you've over heard in the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bettaowner said:
A couple days ago, a pair of teenagers came into the store I worked at and asked if we sold piranha. I said no they're illegal but I was thinking, where would they see piranha in the first place.

They're not illegal everywhere. Pretty much every LFS by me sells them. All diff sizes. I had 3 for almost 10 years. Very boring fish tho. I like my African cichlids a lot more.

Rlavassor86 said:
They're not illegal everywhere. Pretty much every LFS by me sells them. All diff sizes. I had 3 for almost 10 years. Very boring fish tho. I like my African cichlids a lot more.

My very smal lfs has one

Hi a good one from me:) I collected me new six foot tank today,and when i asked if it was heavy, I was told 'nope light as a feather' Well it took three of us to carry it:eek: I'm either getting weak or me mate is getting stronger:lol:

stingrays4 said:
Hi a good one from me:) I collected me new six foot tank today,and when i asked if it was heavy, I was told 'nope light as a feather' Well it took three of us to carry it:eek: I'm either getting weak or me mate is getting stronger:lol:

I know my 6' 125 is very heavy. Empty is 200-250 lbs. Not to mention awkward.

LOL... I have a 6ft 150gal, and that thing is HEAVY! Brought it home in an ice storm and had to carry it up the 5 or 6 stairs into my house. Zowee... Hope I never move!

AngelWings said:
LOL... I have a 6ft 150gal, and that thing is HEAVY! Brought it home in an ice storm and had to carry it up the 5 or 6 stairs into my house. Zowee... Hope I never move!

Yea I've moved mine twice now. One time was up a steep flight of stairs. Probably the worst thing I have to move. Such an ordeal.

Wow that person must have never moved a tank before

The funny thing is that absolutly no pet store sells it so it wouldn't make sense for my store to sell it.

I was in [store] the other week and asked for a 100 micron filter sock the man said filter sock filter sock . I said you know what I mean by filter sock
I looked at my and said in a [mod edit] way I work at a pet shop. I know what a filter sock is he the open the door reviling the sump to there display tank
Pointed to filter floss and said thats a filter sock try not to laff I said what micron is it he said what micron did you want I said 100 so he said yes that what it is at this point I have to laff

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really something I over heard but something that surprised me was petco. They have $15 maxijet 400 pumps for $35.... -_-

Jeremy S. said:
Not really something I over heard but something that surprised me was [store]. They have $15 maxijet 400 pumps for $35.... -_-

Yea they're overpriced everywhere I look. LFS by me lists them at $30. Needed one for DIY reactor for co2 injection

I know my 6' 125 is very heavy. Empty is 200-250 lbs. Not to mention awkward.
I know what you mean(y) We had to negotiate 4 steps going up and very narrow,then a 90 degree turn,down four steps,left turn and two steps into me shed:blink: not easy:lol: but thanks to me bruv and nephew we done it:dance: Where did you have to get yours to?
Here's a photo of me brother and Nephew:) The photo was taken at a local airshow on a typical English summer day:lol:

Attachments

• bruv and nick.jpg
    bruv and nick.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 125
Was at a lfs last night and a couple was looking at the various fish. They called an associate over and said they wanted three angels to take home. The store employee asked them what else was in the tank. They explained that it was an empty one gallon tank. The store employee explained that the fish would grow bigger than the tank. I thought to myself, great he's not going to send a fish home to die. Then in the next breath he talked them into a gourami, a pleco and two platys. He never told them about cycling or overstocking or anything. Oh well, guess that's how they get return customers.

At [store]
Customer says,
"these are pretty"
(male bettas)

Employee,
"they are good schooling fish."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stingrays4 said:
I know what you mean(y) We had to negotiate 4 steps going up and very narrow,then a 90 degree turn,down four steps,left turn and two steps into me shed:blink: not easy:lol: but thanks to me bruv and nephew we done it:dance: Where did you have to get yours to?
Here's a photo of me brother and Nephew:) The photo was taken at a local airshow on a typical English summer day:lol:

Mine was just a straight shot to second floor but the stairs were really steep so it made carrying it a lot harder.

This isn't something I over heard but Oh man it was gross. I was in (insert most popular pet chain here) and I was looking at the fish, just for fun. Then the power went out and all of the pumps shut off momentarily and then powered on again. When they came back on a disgusting black mixture of decayed food and feces shot out of every pump into every tank. It was so bad that you could not see into any of the tanks, at all. The water just turned completely black, full of all their waste. So that's when I decided to buy fish elsewhere.

stingrays4 said:

Holy crap! Taking a picture with that thing would be like holding a rifle to shoot lol. Bet it takes some nice pics

Yesterday, I was at work (at a freaking pet store) and showig pictures of my red devil cichlid to my coworkers, and a newly hired employee (on the blond side for intelligence, if you know what I mean) said "oh that's a big goldfish!" *facepalm*

LOL pretty funny, yet sad that she's working at a pet store (even if she's not in the fish section of the store). It's so disappointing when people who know next to nothing about fish sell them and give false advice (in general). :nono:

Somebody wanted to get a "nemo fish" and just buy a goldfish bowl for it... Didnt know the difference between salt and freshwater...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom