Funny Stuff ... Should I worry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qhrisnd

Aquarium Advice Regular
I posted about this in another thread ... but I'm really starting to worry about all the growth on the bottom of the tank (on the sand). Is this normal?

[center:677d401a4d]
30_gal_1.jpg
[/center:677d401a4d]

[center:677d401a4d]
30_gal_2.jpg
[/center:677d401a4d]

Any help or information would be graciously appreciated!

Jermz79 said:
looks like common diatom bloom ... you should add some LR and maybe a clean up crew!

Should we do this once our levels are where they need to be? They're still a bit out of whack.

No inverts until the tank has finished cycling. From the looks of it, that tank is only a few weeks new if that. You can however add the LR/base rock whenever you like. The sooner the better though as it will help with your cycle. If added after the cycle you will need to wait a few more weeks to be sure any die off is dealt with. If added now, the cycle and die off from the LR will be dealt with at the same time.

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
No inverts until the tank has finished cycling. From the looks of it, that tank is only a few weeks new if that. You can however add the LR/base rock whenever you like. The sooner the better though as it will help with your cycle. If added after the cycle you will need to wait a few more weeks to be sure any die off is dealt with. If added now, the cycle and die off from the LR will be dealt with at the same time.

Steve:

Thanks for the insight! We're going to go get some base rock at the LFS this week!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom