future pea puffer tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beernboots

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is my new setup for a pea puffer tank. 20 gallon long. Gonna have more live plants. Got any ideas? Got real rocks real plants and real drift wood.

ForumRunner_20120713_213913.jpg

Your substrate and rocks take up a lot of water volume. 2-3 DP would be happy in there.

Was thinking maybe 5 because I not sure what I gettin. Males or females. Can't sex when they babies. I will thin them out when I can sex them. With my luck they will all be males. I don't know what to do I had to order these fish. I want 1 male and 3 females. Can u sex them at an early age???? I don't know how. I don't want to overstock my tank but I don't know what else to do. I filtering a 20 as a 60 with a biowheel and a top fin cause I heard they messy eaters. I also got 3 ottos to put in there. Just wondering what yall think.

Terrance said:
Your substrate and rocks take up a lot of water volume. 2-3 DP would be happy in there.

How many and what kind of plants would u sugjest?

Depends on what light you have. If your lights are weak, then stick to low light plants such as java fern or anubias.

Strong filtration only help pick up waste, which makes weekly water changes (siphoning) easier. 5 is way too much. After all your substrate and rocks, you seem to have less than 15g of water. Otos only add to your bioload and give DPs tankmate.

I want you to have long term success. Best thing to do is get 2-3 DPs. 5 would pretty much make maintenance very difficult since you would have to do more water changes. The less maintenance you have, then the harder it is to keep these fish. The failure rate of keeping these fish is high because too many People try to put too many DPs in a small body of water.

Males have wrinkles behind eyes and i think its their most distinguishable way to sex. Look closely.

Back
Top Bottom