garden rock okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liberator123

Aquarium Advice Activist
i got these white rocks we use for our garden. would they be safe in aquarium? vinegar didnt bubble, and i washed it with rubbing alcohol and hot water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 53
It looks kinda like a granite or quartz-like stone to me. I've heard that that isnt always good in the aquarium but i'm no expert. Also, if it came from your garden, you might want to be careful because of pesticides or fertilizers you sprayed on it.

thanks for the info. We never spray any fertilizer or pesticides in our garden, so im not worried of that. But since I don't know what kind of rock this is, ill probably end up not using it :/ as I don't really want to risk it.

Sounds like a smart decision to me. If you really wanted to find free rocks, i'd say maybe look in a river. But landscaping places are good too! ;)

if your worried about the rock and really like it, you can order some krylon clear coat and spray it on pretty much anything to make it aquarium safe. just be sure if you do that, to let it dry for two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom