GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibrahim said:
It's pretty good an easy to scape with. It's $80 with free shipping for 35lbs

What?! Sweet!!! Thanks for telling me this ibrahim! Maybe ill even get 40 lbs and 10 of good live rock!

....if you cant tell, i like deals...:D

Gboy66 said:
What?! Sweet!!! Thanks for telling me this ibrahim! Maybe ill even get 40 lbs and 10 of good live rock!

....if you cant tell, i like deals...:D

Np. Glad to be of help.

Ibrahim said:
Np. Glad to be of help.

Definitly, i want the florida reef rock!
It seems easily stackable, porous, and has lots of holes! I think it will work nicely!

Ibrahim, how long did it tank for your shipping?

Gboy66 said:
Definitly, i want the florida reef rock!
It seems easily stackable, porous, and has lots of holes! I think it will work nicely!

Ibrahim, how long did it tank for your shipping?

About 3 or 4 days.

Ibrahim said:
About 3 or 4 days.

Ok good! Well, heres the plan.

Ill go check out this craigslist rock. If i lile it ill get 40-45 lbs. Of not, off to reef savers!

On another note, should i put egg crate below the sand? How?

Gboy66 said:
Ok good! Well, heres the plan.

Ill go check out this craigslist rock. If i lile it ill get 40-45 lbs. Of not, off to reef savers!

On another note, should i put egg crate below the sand? How?

I mean it's up to you for the eggcrate. I don't know what it's benefits are but you just cut it to fit your tank and pile on the sand. Well goodnite I've got school tomorrow and it's 1:30am lol

Ibrahim said:
I mean it's up to you for the eggcrate. I don't know what it's benefits are but you just cut it to fit your tank and pile on the sand. Well goodnite I've got school tomorrow and it's 1:30am lol

Ouch! Sorry man! Ill just keep talking, and you or anyone else can answer whenever!

Now, do you lay out the crate flat, or keep it in whatever the heck that shape is haha!
If i dont use crate, do i actually put the rocks on the glass then put the sand around? I dont like that!! Is that only for tunnling fish?

Can i add all the sand then put the whole rock formation on top, and try to dig it in as best i can?

Gboy66 said:
Ouch! Sorry man! Ill just keep talking, and you or anyone else can answer whenever!

Now, do you lay out the crate flat, or keep it in whatever the heck that shape is haha!
If i dont use crate, do i actually put the rocks on the glass then put the sand around? I dont like that!! Is that only for tunnling fish?

Can i add all the sand then put the whole rock formation on top, and try to dig it in as best i can?

I add half my sand first then add the rock. Then added the rest

Just be cautious of it falling. I regret putting my sand in first and then the rock. Half In sounds right to me, it would keep it stable without having the possibility of cracking the glass.

Awesome thanks both of ya. Ill do half then add. Hey cowbell did you put down egg crate?

I just cut out eggcrate for my 90g tank. Figured it could only help. :) I cut it out to cover most of the tank bottom. left like an inch in the front and in the back.

carey said:
I just cut out eggcrate for my 90g tank. Figured it could only help. :) I cut it out to cover most of the tank bottom. left like an inch in the front and in the back.

Cool!:) did you lay it and make it flat? Or just planc it in the tank like it is when on eggs?

Sorry i cant really articulate that very well

I used eggcrate from home depot. The white plastic grid that you get in the light department. It's the stuff you see frags sitting in when you see them online.

OHH! okay, haha thanks for shedding some light on that. I thought egg crate was literally the crate eggs come in..:'(

So the white graded stuff. How much does that cost?

I paid $12 for a 4 foot by like 2 foot piece. I cut it using a dremel. :) I also had the overflow to cut around so you should be ok since you wont have one to to have to cut around.

carey said:
I paid $12 for a 4 foot by like 2 foot piece. I cut it using a dremel. :) I also had the overflow to cut around so you should be ok since you wont have one to to have to cut around.

Ok cool! Was this for your 90 gallon? Maybe doing it for a 30 will only cost like 4 dollars hopefully!

Where did you get your rocks from? Bulk reef? Reef savers?

They only sell the big sheets of egg crate. :-( I'm using 75lbs of live rock from my 125g tank and adding in another 50 or so lbs of base rock I have been saving.

I really like the reefcleaner rock, I've bought several boxes of the stuff. :)

carey said:
They only sell the big sheets of egg crate. :-( I'm using 75lbs of live rock from my 125g tank and adding in another 50 or so lbs of base rock I have been saving.

I really like the reefcleaner rock, I've bought several boxes of the stuff. :)

Aw man, i guess ill just fill the tank with half sand, rocks, more sand. No crate.

So reef ceaner was nice? What type did you get? I like the florida stuff

I get the regular base rock that they sell. :-D It's super porous and they take requests on sizes too. i think I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times and each time the rock was great.

carey said:
I get the regular base rock that they sell. :-D It's super porous and they take requests on sizes too. i think I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times and each time the rock was great.

Cool! What sizes do you ask for? Like do you just say big or small?

Hey guys with the 65$ rodi on ebay, i need help! The intake valve is supposed to hook up to a sink but yours is the same size! Do i just go to tge hardware store and get a bugger size to fit? What about the black o-ring type thing in the inside, do i need that? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom