GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TLTGF said:
You lift the plastic flap and drip 3-4 drops on the lens / not the eye piece! Close the flapper, and point towards the light looking through the eye piece. You'll see the line at the sg. Also make sure you use RO to calibrate. Add RO without salt and turn screw until you are at zero.

Thanks! Ill have to remember this!!

Some pics of our new toys today! One of the tank, and one of a note my mom gave us:)

Attachments

• image-3201891762.jpg
    image-3201891762.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2488197366.jpg
    image-2488197366.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1515631616.jpg
    image-1515631616.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image-2430300915.jpg
    image-2430300915.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 92
  • image-1381524413.jpg
    image-1381524413.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 73
Thanks guys! Merry christmas to you too!
With the 100 $ we are going tobget reef salt, 40 lb of rock (not sure if it will be base or live).

needmorecowbell said:
Wow, that's great! You got the same rodi as me! It wastes a bunch of water but the taste of the pure is crazy.

Cool! When i have problems ill ask you :D

Red sea- thanks!! You too!!!

Ibrahim-if the rock is really good and checks out okay, then itll be live and well stack it.
If it isnt so great we will get very little, and glue together some base rock for some knarley formations:)

Gboy66 said:
Cool! When i have problems ill ask you :D

Red sea- thanks!! You too!!!

Ibrihaim-if the rock is really good and checks out okay, then itll be live and well stack it.
If it isnt so great we will get very little, and glue together some base rock for some knarley formations:)

Cool. Reefrocks.net has some good sand for $15 with shipping. Its 40lbs too so I'd do that rather than PFS

Ibrahim said:
Cool. Reefrocks.net has some good sand for $15 with shipping. Its 40lbs too so I'd do that rather than PFS

Ya know, when we bought the tank it came with two large bags of used sand. We also have another bag of sand i used in a fw 10 gallon awhile ago. So could i do that if i clean it all very well? How much does pfs cost?

Look into the reef saver rock at Bulk Reef. It is quarried, super clean and makes great walls and caves. It's also cheap and very environmentally friendly. Seed it with a few pieces of live rock and you will be good to go.

Gregcoyote said:
Look into the reef saver rock at Bulk Reef. It is quarried, super clean and makes great walls and caves. It's also cheap and very environmentally friendly. Seed it with a few pieces of live rock and you will be good to go.

Thanks! I will definatly look at Bulk Reef right now. Im up for anything eco friendly. Are the pieces good for constructing caves and arches? We were really going for the arch look

I like the new profile picture by the way greg

Gboy66 said:
Thanks! I will definatly look at Bulk Reef right now. Im up for anything eco friendly. Are the pieces good for constructing caves and arches? We were really going for the arch look

I like the new profile picture by the way greg

I have reef saver rock in my 8g ands my favorite but it's shipping is expensive for rock. Cost me 30 for 8lbs and you'd need 40 or so.

Ibrahim said:
Yeah that's why I didn't need any epoxy. But its not too different from regular base rock so don't let it bum you out. Total would be $124

Ehh ya, that wont work! Hmm, i wonder if i could fimd some rock lile that around here, i really like it

My son just bought some. He thought he got a good deal. The rock looks really cool. I would be careful of other quarried rock as it might have some solvable minerals in it you won't want. Remember here is no water weight with this and BRS ships any order over $100 for free...

Gregcoyote said:
My son just bought some. He thought he got a good deal. The rock looks really cool. I would be careful of other quarried rock as it might have some solvable minerals in it you won't want. Remember here is no water weight with this and BRS ships any order over $100 for free...

Hm, and how much per pound is this rock? 3$/lb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom