GBOY & NUNU 30 gal saltwater build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gboy66 said:
Ah yes thats definitly what i plan on doing!

What is the use of moonlights again? To run them 24/7 and make the fish think that is night time?

It's mainly just for you to see your tank at night

Moonlights should be run at night and they help mimic the natural nighttime environment for the fish. Encourages spawning too.

Hmm, well the tank is in my brothers room. I dont think he could sleep with them on lol!

Dang it! This morning i woke up and saw 3 hermit crabs crowded around a snail that was on its back. Then this afternoon my brother saw a huge hole in the snails body an it was dead! What the heck?

Do you have extra shells in there for the crabs? One of my snails got murdered for his shell. That could be what happened then everyone else just came in to finish him off.

rebelyeller89 said:
Do you have extra shells in there for the crabs? One of my snails got murdered for his shell. That could be what happened then everyone else just came in to finish him off.

No we dont, but why would a hermit want a snail shell? Seems too big!

Where can we buy some?

That's what I thought too. I'm not sure where you can buy some, I had some in my shell dweller tank that I put in there. I've seen some at Walmart, in the home decor area like where the candles and flower arrangement stuff is. Or you can pay 1-4 bucks for a hermit shell at pet stores.

Do you guys think that our frogspawn has grown in a few weeks?
First is before
Second is after ;)

Attachments

• image-3014133405.jpg
    image-3014133405.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image-116437432.jpg
    image-116437432.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 63
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Do you guys think that our frogspawn has grown in a few weeks?
First is before
Second is after ;)

A little bit and the polyps are more extended in the second pic

Ya maybe it was just jnder the light for longer in the 2nd pic. We started out with 2 heads when we bought it... two weeks ago? Anyways, now we have 3 heads, soon to be 4!

Haha its like the extension.... So the only example i have is picture a palm tree. It has one long trunk and at the end is the tree (head) sorry if that made no sence. Lol

rebelyeller89 said:
I feel kinda dumb asking, but what is the heads? I mean it's obviously not all the little polyp thingies. Lol

Yeah, and from the heads come.the polyps. So if your coral is splitting, lile ours and adams, the head splits into 2.

It is alot like mitosis! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom