GBOY & NUNU 30 gal saltwater build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having a small battle with cyanp as well. The flow in my tank blows right now...i destroyed my aquascape to try and save my german blue polyp by building a tower of rock. Im far from worried. Won a big victory over it with a pwc and taking some airline tubing to suck it out of my sandbed. Now only diatoms left, but as states i killed my flow. Ill fix it when i upgrade everything with my tax refund.

I use red cyano x by blue life and it amazes me everytime. Scoop out all the cyano you can then dose for 3 days and it's usually gone

Alright this isnt cool! First, 3 of our hermit crabs are found eating a snail, so dead snail. Now i wake up to find the cleaner shrimp with a hermit. Crab in its mouth!!! What gives?? Are we feeding enough?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Alright this isnt cool! First, 3 of our hermit crabs are found eating a snail, so dead snail. Now i wake up to find the cleaner shrimp with a hermit. Crab in its mouth!!! What gives?? Are we feeding enough?

He was avenging his fallen friend lol.....no the hermit was probably dying so he ate him. What are your parameters?

Ibrahim said:
He was avenging his fallen friend lol.....no the hermit was probably dying so he ate him. What are your parameters?

Tested the other day for 0,0,10. SG was 1.028. Doing a water change today..

Nu-Nu the eel said:

You sure it wasn't the crabs molt?

needmorecowbell said:
Hermits die regularly for me. Like once a month, I don't think it's a big deal. I haven't had a snail die though..

Do you buy more? Or what?

Hi just a thought but remember that a CUC is exactly that a CUC,so only give them the occasional treat or they will not do their work properly! Also with hermits give them plenty of shells so they can move house or upgrade:) or they have been to known to 'attack' turbo snails for there shells:nono:

I had hermits kill some of my margarita snails because it outgrew its shell. I ordered new shells and...they were all way to small for him. Into my sump he went. But I have die off from my CUC all the time...only to be cleaned up. Die off of them really isn't that big of a deal unless there is a shrimp or crab that you really like or can't live without. I have a giant green starsnail that is freaking awesome. He is an inch wide and is an algae eating machine. He has even had snails eating off of his shell as he slowly trucks along.

I want to buy shells, just dont know where!

Little update..

We are going to buy our light today. Ibrahaim, i think we will get that 110$ one from aquatraders i think it is.

We also plan on getting a toadstool this weekend..as well as maybe a fish. I think it would be the goby/shrimp pair..

Sniperhank said:
Stools are cool. I had 2. Just be careful. Aofties can go toxic on each other. Happened to mine and i lost alot of coral.

How do they go toxic? If they are too close?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom