Gboy & NuNu's RSM250 update!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im just voicing some ideas here and giving a little update..

Nem moved all around the tank yesterday. Couldnt even find him till i checked his old spot and he had gone back. We dont have much sps so i dont have a headache over it.

Also, all new zoas open every day. The torch is doing okay- we moved it and glued it too the rock. I think it just needs more flow to fully extend. Next time im in the tank i'll adjust.

And i was thinking, i want to glue some gsp and both of our new xenias to the back wall. I dont want it to get on the rocks...and plus it'd be easy to scrape off on the wall right? The gsp is already on a rock so i'd cut a sliver off it and glue it. Would it grow?

Also, ive been thinking about future tank projects and upgrades. I hate our skimmer, so i really want to find an upgrade for that. Then i was thinking about a sump. Problem is we already have that chiller down there so that would be a tight squeeze. Could i do a smaller sump..? If i had a sump i could add the better skimmer there, and have an algae scrubber!

We also have those back chambers for somthing beneficial. We cant add cheato because they get no light. What could i put back there? I want to dump some pods in there and start a colony..i literally havent seen one in our tank lol.

Then i was thinkin, maybe a UV sterelizer back there? I have always heard they dont help but who knows! I know there have to be some good ones!

Thanks guys!

Gboy66 said:
Its a red sea prism skimmer. I cant get any skimmate from it so im annoyed

I always heard the prism skimmers were bleh. They had a bad reputation by the first month they came onto the market. Their may be a mod online to get them working better but I wouldn't know. Hopefully somebody has a trick to get them to skim properly.

Ok guys....tell me how you like it! Be serious please.

Attachments

• image-324891928.jpg
    image-324891928.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1861879663.jpg
    image-1861879663.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 113
  • image-1339501710.jpg
    image-1339501710.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 103
needmorecowbell said:
Is the middle sturdy enough and do the corals like it? If both are yes then I love it.

The middle arch you mean? Oh ya that thing is a rock (lol). Corals are all open except shrooms so far!! It is turning out to be a nice garden!!;D

I love it! The side with the zoa garden is going to look AMAZING once they spread and fill that space. Love the arch and the dark cave on the other side. Does Jack like it? I hope so. You guys need to post another video.

jjamontan said:
I think that it looks great and can't wait to see it loaded with SPS coral.

Agreed! And sps suggestions? I dont know many of them. I do want a millipora though

Bearchumjs said:
I love it! The side with the zoa garden is going to look AMAZING once they spread and fill that space. Love the arch and the dark cave on the other side. Does Jack like it? I hope so. You guys need to post another video.

Im glad you like it! I counted and we have 18 zoas and palys about...we need..moreeee ahah. Im addicted. Idk, i think he does but wont admit it;)

Bearchumjs said:
Get one of these! It's pretty.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+1492+2294+1406&pcatid=1406

And as far as zoas go, You have to get the blue hornets! I will probably faint if you do! Lol!

What's the difference between zoas and paly's?

Wow..ya i really like that! Hopefully it is an easier one.

Ah i no! I love them too. Never see them in any lfs though..but local sellers have them! They are just far.

That is a really good question. I would say that palys eat and generally grow quicker. They also have stalks as opposed to zoas...but i dont even know if those are legit differences. Just my experience!

Bearchumjs said:
This coral I've seen in person and it would look awesome in your tank! (And mine! Lol)

http://www.petco.com/product/117516/Silver-Eye--Leptastrea-Aquacultured-AAndM-Aquatics.aspx

Do you have a Duncan? I know it's not sps but they are so pretty! And I was thinking a sun polyp coral would look great under the arch in the middle.

That thing is crazy!! I have never seen or heard of one before! Woah.

Yes but it isnt doing too well. The move of tanks kinda screwed up its initial awesome growth. I want another! And ya we think alot alike aha! A sun coral would look great. Im just not sure we could feed it enough

Gboy66 said:
That thing is crazy!! I have never seen or heard of one before! Woah.

Yes but it isnt doing too well. The move of tanks kinda screwed up its initial awesome growth. I want another! And ya we think alot alike aha! A sun coral would look great. Im just not sure we could feed it enough

I see that lepastrea every time I go to petco. It looks so awesome!

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to feed the sun coral enough either. Otherwise I'd definitely have it on my list.

Lol thanks! Not sure how i feel about the scape yet.... I like how things are off the sand bed and we have a good area for more soft corals.. But i miss that old arch. Haha we shall see :p

We need a good update video now. I think this qualifies as a big enough change for one ;).

Back
Top Bottom