Gboy & NuNu's RSM250 update!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
I need a phosphate test then..

Im doing lots of water changes..but i have hermits and snails. Maybe my RODI has too high of a TDS

It's about time for you to change it I bet, we bought it at around the same time, and you'd use more water than I so because your tanks bigger.

Phosphate tests don't help much because the algae is constantly eating it up meaning you won't get a good reading.

needmorecowbell said:
It's about time for you to change it I bet, we bought it at around the same time, and you'd use more water than I so because your tanks bigger.

Phosphate tests don't help much because the algae is constantly eating it up meaning you won't get a good reading.

Good point there about the phosphate test. Maybe just check your TDS as a starting point.

needmorecowbell said:

Yeah, agreed. I'll be getting one but around christmas time..ok so i wont waste the cash on a PO4 test. I also need a tds meter though

You should really think about getting a brs unit. It comes with a Tds unit AND a flush kit. Its also cheaper to replace the filter media.

Coming home from a couple days away seeing family. Not worried about the tank at all. I bet the guys are hungry though.

Any fish suggestions? In particular, wrasse or angels? Jack wants to risk it with an angel. I want to get a wrasse, possible a flasher wrasse or Melanarus. Ideas? Im trying to con mom into letting us drop by one of the best stores near LA, hopefully we can go! Lol

Gboy66 said:
Coming home from a couple days away seeing family. Not worried about the tank at all. I bet the guys are hungry though.

Any fish suggestions? In particular, wrasse or angels? Jack wants to risk it with an angel. I want to get a wrasse, possible a flasher wrasse or Melanarus. Ideas? Im trying to con mom into letting us drop by one of the best stores near LA, hopefully we can go! Lol

A flame angel would be really cool

needmorecowbell said:
A flame angel would be really cool

It would be! Im just not really wanting to take the risk...whatdo they eat is they DO go crazy? Lps and softies?

Gboy66 said:
It would be! Im just not really wanting to take the risk...whatdo they eat is they DO go crazy? Lps and softies?

I believe it's softies and clams that are in danger

Jlsardina said:
I believe it's softies and clams that are in danger

Thanks for the info! Good to have you back! :p

Got any other interesting fish suggestions? We arent really into mainstream fish :eek:

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Thanks for the info! Good to have you back! :p

Got any other interesting fish suggestions? We arent really into mainstream fish :eek:

Melanarous, white striped possum or leopard wrasse?

Jlsardina said:
Melanarous, white striped possum or leopard wrasse?

Oooh we love the melanarous... We were interested in the leopard but we heard they dig alot and kick up a good amount of sand :/ is this true?

Might get on over to the lfs tomorrow...FTS as of today. Been looking good lately

Attachments

• image-481692408.jpg
    image-481692408.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 124
Gboy66 said:
Might get on over to the lfs tomorrow...FTS as of today. Been looking good lately

Gah!! Your tank is so awesome!! Cool fish, cool coral, cool rocks, cool sand. Trade me? :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bearchumjs said:
Gah!! Your tank is so awesome!! Cool fish, cool coral, cool rocks, cool sand. Trade me? :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Haha thank you very much! Its fun when everything is looking good, but when things are looking bad its depressing :eek: haha happy thanksgiving to you too

Thank you both! I love this hobby:p

Happy thanksgivig to you all!!! Everyone have a wonderful time with your families!

Since i know people like these types of pics!

Attachments

• image-1483111104.jpg
    image-1483111104.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 90
Bought a female flame wrasse! Pricey but the nicest fish ever...pics soon! If you cant wait, google it and be amazed lol

Back
Top Bottom