Gbr fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So.... Some of my GBR eggs just hatched! Im pretty excited, but *slightly* unprepared. You see, I've neglected to feed my microworms, and they are all... Dead. So I have no live food, other than maybe the infusoria in my tank. They don't seem to be completely free swimming yet, so I'm just feeding *tiny* amounts of Hikari first bites. I also have Decaps bs eggs, an empty (semi planted 10 gal) and filtered sponge filter. What should I do?

Thanks!

I have a crazy idea to throw some Java moss around their nest to protect from other fish but IDK that that will work xD

I recently tried to save some fry from my rams. Removed a lot but only one is alive. I thought they were all dead until I found one fat one. I haven't been feeding him since he eats all kinds of baby snails.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I recently tried to save some fry from my rams. Removed a lot but only one is alive. I thought they were all dead until I found one fat one. I haven't been feeding him since he eats all kinds of baby snails.

(Un)fortunately, I don't have any snails in my tank. :/ the light was off, and I turned it on for a second, and they were all balled in a clump under the dad. Is that normal? My cories are too sneakY...

Will leaving the light on increase survival rates? (I have 3 cories, 8 Rummynose tetras, 2 neon tetras, 1 Glo danio)

Not sure if it will do any good. I have thought about leaving the lights on longer tho. The best chance of survival would be for them to go into their own tank.

Leaving the lights on is a no no, it will stress the fish. Java moss is a good idea if you cannot remove them, it contains micro organisms for them to nom. A gbr fry tank consists of 4 daily feedings and small daily wc's. You need to have a 5 gal bucket with heater and airstone for ph matched water ready at all times. It's a lot of work, i did it with apistos.. not impossible but very challenging, gbr are some of the hardest to rear. I fed the BS eggs and Hikari first bites, when they got to 3 weeks it was frozen bbs. Than frozen daphnia and bbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom