general cycling ?(PH READING)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twinkey

Aquarium Advice Regular
well my cycle been going on for 10 days.this morning my ammonia was at 2.0ppm..no nitrites yet...dosed back to 4.0ppm..i did all my tests afterwords..ph went higher

ammona..4.0ppm
nitrites....0.0ppm
nitrates...0.0ppm
ph..........7.6ppm(before adding ammonia)
ph..........7.6ppm(after adding)
High ph....7.4ppm(before adding ammonia)
High ph....8.2ppm(after adding)WHAT HAPPENED HERE

Hi! I would suspect a testing error with the high ph test before anything else. 7.6 is the limit of the regular ph test. This means your ph may be 7.6 or 8 or 8.8- you will still get the same blue 7.6 reading. What I suggest you do is test your tap water- set out a container of tap water with an airstone/bubbler. If you dont have an extra, give the water a good stir every so often to help release dissolved gasses. In 24hrs, test your ph (reg & high) and let us know what this reads. :)

i retested my ph..so here it is..i let the tap water sit over nite..just tested now...tap water ph looks good to me

Attachments

• test 1.jpg
    test 1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 51
Your tap sits right around 7.6. If your tank still reads 8.2, this is normal as well because ammonia has a very high ph & likely raised it a bit. Just make sure you didnt overdose on the ammonia. :)

if i top off my water in the tank..looking around 2-3 gallons..will bring down my ammoina..is that correct..will i need to redose it birin it back up to 4.0ppm or just leave it

Back
Top Bottom