German Blue Ram Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll have to give extreme marine a try. I've never been there as I was under the impression they were only saltwater. Thanks Meredith.

Now back to the blue ram discussion.........(sorry for temp hijacking this thread)

*Update* The gold rams I got for the work tank are still going strong, and I think they may have even been "energetic" enough to cause the untimely demise of a flame tetra over the weekend. :( It's been 3 weeks and 2 days and we're fast approaching the 4 week mark with no problems... well, other than the obvious attitude problems. :roll:

The LFS here sells the golden rams and I was wondering if these are easyer to keep than the Geman Blue Rams.. or is it just a differnet color variation of the same fish?
The LFS owner says he has been able to keep the gold ones for months without much problem. :?

Well I would assume that it would be ok to keep golds and blues together given that they are the same species. I plan to get 2 blues pretty soon for the gold ram/angel tank I have at work. I've heard the golds are even touchier than the blues, I guess I just got lucky. :?

I bought a pair of blue rams from my LFS a while back hoping to get a male and female, but since there colors werent out at the store, i couldnt tell. Turns out i got two males.

I plan on keeping a breeding pair in my 10g. Should i trade in one of the males or just have two pairs. I think 10g isnt enough space for 2 pairs of rams.

input?

10 gal is not enought for 2 pairs. Get a 20 gal and get about 4 more fish and let them pair up then put the breeding pair in the 10 gal :wink: MTS will then set in and you won't worry about the extra 20 gal that you didn't intend to get.

i would, but i really dont have any space in my tiny townhouse. I think i will trade in a male and get a few females. then return the rejected females. tough love.

I got a couple of blue rams the other day for my work tank, along with some cories and a BN pleco. :D Like the gold ones I got, these guys were eating the day I got them. I think I may have gotten a pair, one of them looks like a male and the other looks pregnant. :mrgreen: Can someone please post a pic of a pregnant blue ram for me? I want to check it out so I can decide if she is pregnant or sick (I've never had a pregnant fish before so I'm not sure). Her belly is big, she hangs out with the male a lot, but she's not colorful like I would expect her to be if she were spawning. :? The male is though.

Jchillin said:
This is the closest I have Severum.

The female is on bottom in the process of spawning.

great job JC. i got my 5 bolivian rams and they are doing great but i have been having a hard time tell how many male and females i have. i think i have 3 female 2 male or 3 male 2 female. it's very hard to tell who is who.

Rams are so pretty, i think i would liek to try a couple of the German Blue Rams, but will they be compatible with my current fish? All of my angels are small and im working toward getting a breeding pair, so don't count 4 of them.. lol.

Back
Top Bottom