German Blue Ram genders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyd

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got a pair of GBR's this past weekend and looking for verification on their genders. Going off the info I've found here about genders, I picked out what I believe to be a M/F pair. Not positive though and looking to see what the experts here think :)

First GBR (I think is the male)
86602-albums13553-picture64144.jpg

86602-albums13553-picture64145.jpg

Second GBR (Female)
86602-albums13553-picture64146.jpg

Both:
86602-albums13553-picture64147.jpg

I'll answer any questions and if needed, can try for some better pictures.

I had a pair of electric blues, m/f, male was very aggressive towards female, ended up killing her actually, sad, are you seeing any signs of aggression between the two?

Actually no! All the fish I have are soooooo peaceful, even my beta! Did you put them in at the same time?

I had a pair of electric blues, m/f, male was very aggressive towards female, ended up killing her actually, sad, are you seeing any signs of aggression between the two?

They have been attached at the hip since day one. They were also paired together at my LFS (watched for 15-20 minutes and these 2 stayed together). If you see one in the tank, the other isn't far away. And no aggression that I've seen either.

I too picked a pair I observed for some time at my Lfs, the first couple days in the tank were fine, than post feeding became rather stressful, this behavior progressed over the next couple weeks, she would watch him from across the tank and hide based on where he was, I felt bad about not getting her out of there sooner

Awwwww! Some fish don't like other fish! I don't know! How long did this behavior last?

Back
Top Bottom