German blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay guys. The other day I passed up the opportunity to get some GBR instead of Cories . Anyway I got two Cories and I now would like a pair of GBR . Pleas edo not say about overstocking because I have a 10 which in November will take hopefully the platies , some guppies and I might get a 6 gallon to move a dwarf gourami and otos .
So if I can convince my family to let me have a ten I will show you where the fish go.

30 gallon ATM stocked with:
6 platies
3 guppies
4 otos
8 panda Cories ( maybe 7 if one doesn't pull through)
5 dwarf gourami
3 Amano shrimp
3 red cherry shrimp
And maybe a pair of GBR

If this could work with the ten gallon:
3 guppies
3 platies
4 otos , maybe

Then the 30:
3 platies
8 panda Cories
5 dwarf gourami
3 anamo shrimp
3 red cherry shrimp.
Would that work

Sounds okay but the dwarf gourami thing doesn't sound too good. The only small gouramis ive kept are honeys though and they did pretty good in a trio, so I'm not sure, but I have heard that they tend to bicker with one another and shouldn't be kept in big groups like that.

The GBR's will likely eat the RCS and could possibly go after the amanos but if that's not a big deal then I'd try it.

Oh sorry I'm supposed to put the shrimp in the ten and maybe keep anamos in the 30 the Gouramis are at maturity and I've never had a problem with the males. I've never seen any aggression in any of them. I'll keep an eye on that though thank you very much. I can always return one if any agression problems .

should be fine by the looks, i havent ever done the gourami thing but yeah they will kill your RCS but everything elce they should be sweet with. you should see my guys carry on they ususally have a hard time catching new born mollys. i dont know why but there is a bit of a stigma around them many thunk because they are cichlids they are gonna kill everything but they have tiny mouths and are generally pritty chilled out....except when spawning

Yeah in November I'm pushing for just the fluval 90 or a tank from pets at home

So if I kept that tank stock the same and did the other 30 gallon with:

A pair of GBR
Maybe 6 black skirt tetras or cardinals
Zebra pleco
8 sterbai or 4 panda Cories from the old tank then add two more to each school .
And like 6 cherry barbs. Would that work?

Back
Top Bottom