German Ram Parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everybody! I am trying something alittle different. I want to try and breed GBRs. Its a 20 tall tank and as they will be the main if not only inhabitant I am going to match the params exactly to their liking (as close as possible)
So what do they like? I naturally have very very soft water (there is so little calcium red cherry shrimp cant live without me adding calcium). Ph is usually 6-6.5. I dont really test me water thats just what it has been when the LFS has tested it.

Is that what they like? I have a piece of driftwood and a shripwreck for decor. I think they breed in caves right? The shipwreck will hopefully be good enough.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks and God bless!

Yep they like soft slightly acidic, pure warm water, heavily planted with low nitrates Don't let the get over 10.

Oh temperature! Duh! I totally forgot! What temp is good for them?

I have the same conditions Flit has for my GBR's. Put a few smooth flat rocks on the bottom. Mine prefer to lay their eggs on them. Try putting the cave on top of a rock and they might have the perfect love nest. Of your daily feedings, give them some good frozen food like brine shrimp, bloodworms, tubifex, etc. about twice or thrice a week and they condition up really good. Good luck. OS.

Thanks! I am going to get the tank set up and ready before I get them. Sounds like I dont need to worry about params.

Back
Top Bottom