Getting a 46 gallon bow front tank? How many Mollies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CMN

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am getting a 46 gallon bow front tank. I was wondering how many mollies can i put in there. My mollies had babies and i wanted them to be moved from my 10 gallon tanks into something bigger. Please let me know.

how many are you wanting to put in there? is this a temporary home or long term? if you put those babies in there and keep them in there they will make more... etc. you will need to separate them - girls/boys or you will run out of room. unless you want to just keep them in there for a few months and then sell them.

so a temporary home for your babies?

this depends on a few factors.

Are you ONLY putting mollies in the tank?
Are you adding other types of fish?

If its a molly-ONLY tank. You can add 8 mollies (3 male-5 female)
OR
you can go ALL male mollies so they won't breed.

here is another question if i sell my mollies and only keep a few than what are some pretty tropical fish that would be able to fit in a 46 gallon. I dont know what are good combinations any ideas!

here is another question if i sell my mollies and only keep a few than what are some pretty tropical fish that would be able to fit in a 46 gallon. I dont know what are good combinations any ideas!
you can put lots with the mollies - what do you like?
I have cherry barbs with mine, dwarf gourami, neon tetra...

Back
Top Bottom