Getting a new betta need a little advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
So we will most likely be getting my daughter her new betta today for her Christmas present. (If she finds one she likes). But the heater in her tank seems to really be struggling to keep the temps up. It's been stable at 75f for about the last week but the heater is always on. It's set to 79 but is just can't seem to get over the 75 mark. Here is the heater. The tank is a 5g. Any recommendations?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TUKEZ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is it adjustable? I have an adjustable one in my 8.8 gallon tank. I don't know what brand it is and I can't find the box back (right now)but it is rated for 10-20 gallons.

So we will most likely be getting my daughter her new betta today for her Christmas present. (If she finds one she likes). But the heater in her tank seems to really be struggling to keep the temps up. It's been stable at 75f for about the last week but the heater is always on. It's set to 79 but is just can't seem to get over the 75 mark. Here is the heater. The tank is a 5g. Any recommendations?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TUKEZ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That link says it has a preset of 76 degrees but you can program it for other temps. Look up the manual for it is what I recommend. If you have already done that then maybe its just not powerful enough to keep up. I would then upgrade to a 50 watt. You definitely don't want it on all the time.

Hi. I bought 4 gallon glass aquarium. It came with a heater,filter and light. I had a problem just like you. 70-72 degree water. It 50watt heater no control. After playing around with a second heater in the tank. I bought an adjustable heater and have no temperature problems.

Back
Top Bottom