Getting a new tank :D :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malawi MaD

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well i recently set up a second 90G tank but its just not big enough, so Im treating myself to a much larger 4x4x2 tank (roughly 900L) I cant wait, i want it now!! lol
It should be here soon so i will post a mini journal when it comes :)

Hi Andrew
Not as yet, my fish from the 90G will be going in there, this tank is currently understocked but i do want to add a few to my current species. I should be able to have a good amount of fish in this size tank, what you think?

Tropheops makokola 3M/3F (want another 3F)
Metriaclima Maisoni reef 1M/1F (want another 2F)
Metriaclima Msobo Magunga 1M/2F (want another 12 at least of these)
Metriaclima Zebra Gold 1M/1F ( want another 2F)
Melanochromis auratus (May sell these on)

Now, im not sure what else to get. Any suggestions at all throw them my way. Total stocking im thinking max 75 maybe a little less.

Malawi MaD said:
Hi Andrew
Not as yet, my fish from the 90G will be going in there, this tank is currently understocked but i do want to add a few to my current species. I should be able to have a good amount of fish in this size tank, what you think?

Tropheops makokola 3M/3F (want another 3F)
Metriaclima Maisoni reef 1M/1F (want another 2F)
Metriaclima Msobo Magunga 1M/2F (want another 12 at least of these)
Metriaclima Zebra Gold 1M/1F ( want another 2F)
Melanochromis auratus (May sell these on)

Now, im not sure what else to get. Any suggestions at all throw them my way. Total stocking im thinking max 75 maybe a little less.

That's a nice stock aswell

I like these and think they would be a good mix

Pseudotropheus sp. "Perspicax Orange Cap"
Pseudotropheus interruptus. ------- may not be easy to find
Petrotilapia sp. "mumbo yellow". ---- may need to find a breeder but it'll add some color

Hope this helped some and can't wait for pics

Thanks Andrew :)

I think the Perspicax will be a must, what do the mumbo yellow look like? Not heard of these before (i don't think) What final stocking number would you go for? I could have a lot of species but im thinking max of 8 maybe 9 but in large groups, prefer to see groups of species in all honesty.

Malawi MaD said:
Thanks Andrew :)

I think the Perspicax will be a must, what do the mumbo yellow look like? Not heard of these before (i don't think) What final stocking number would you go for? I could have a lot of species but im thinking max of 8 maybe 9 but in large groups, prefer to see groups of species in all honesty.

The yellow looks like a lot like a yellow lab or a female bumble bee. Not sure if I would do them because they get 7"

I would rather add interruptus and the Perspicax because they stay smaller. I would do probably 5 of each or more and/or up some other numbers.

Thanks again Andrew

7" wont be a problem but i would prefer smaller 6" and lower species (means more fish :D) I know one species i have found that i really want (if i can get them) Pseudotropheus williamsi, these are awesome fish and id love to have them. Quite rare though i think and very very aggressive.

Malawi MaD said:
Thanks again Andrew

7" wont be a problem but i would prefer smaller 6" and lower species (means more fish :D) I know one species i have found that i really want (if i can get them) Pseudotropheus williamsi, these are awesome fish and id love to have them. Quite rare though i think and very very aggressive.

Never heard of that one, ill look it up. :)

Is this what you're talking about? cichlid forum has it listed as mild.
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=932

Id like to see a pic of the tank you have now

The body shape is the same but these ones are bright yellow with bright blue lips. Nice fish!

There is a few pics on here of my tanks but here is a few older photo's (Not taken any recently) The tank doesn't look great but when i get the new tank i will have great floor space/footprint, so should be able to make an awesome scape :)

img_2068285_0_170c3176250d335aacf9a3115986f2c0.jpg

Ive wanted these for a long time to! Definitely want 2 groups of these:

img_2068285_1_d9e1f80756386776442a25b545f1e9b1.jpg

img_2068285_2_a28b305552914c09db23cc58d7cb54e2.jpg

Malawi MaD said:
The body shape is the same but these ones are bright yellow with bright blue lips. Nice fish!

There is a few pics on here of my tanks but here is a few older photo's (Not taken any recently) The tank doesn't look great but when i get the new tank i will have great floor space/footprint, so should be able to make an awesome scape :)

Ive wanted these for a long time to! Definitely want 2 groups of these:

Hey I think it looks grrrreeeeaat better then mine and most people :) I think those would be a great addition aswell as some of the ones I said. The problem is finding them Haha that's why I have what I have.

Thanks Andrew.
I should be able to get hold of most mbuna (Which is very very lucky). Ill Hopefully have a proper planned stock list soonish lol( If i can choose that is) :)

Malawi MaD said:
Thanks Andrew.
I should be able to get hold of most mbuna (Which is very very lucky). Ill Hopefully have a proper planned stock list soonish lol( If i can choose that is) :)

Then ill stop throwing names at ya lol. I'll be waiting to see your final stocking list.

No its cool, i asked for your help :D. Well ill have a list of the fish that i can get hold of within the next week or 2, so ill post that on here (then you can see why i cant decide its always a HUGE! list) Plus the species you mentioned haha :D :D

I want to take pics :D lol!!
Im soo impatient :)

Well ill be placing my order within the next couple of weeks, then the tank will take a few weeks to be made. So not to sure when ill have the tank :(

Back
Top Bottom