Getting back into fishkeeping, the right way!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vmax911

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've actually been a member for about a month now, posting all the typical newb questions. I've had a freshwater tank for most my life, save the last three years. However, I've never been knowledgable about fish keeping. I knew about the different species of fish, but not real good with maintenance (I would usually clean tanks every few months, just topping off water in between cleanings). Not that I didn't want to do maintenance, but just that I didn't know what I needed to do.

After having a pond for the past couple years, I wanted something that would stay green all year round. So I picked up a used 50 gallon, and got all the needed accessories. And I researched a bunch this time (this forum is awesome). Isn't the internet great? This is the first time I'd heard of the "cycle," and I bought my first test kit that wasn't a dip0strip. Due to the research, I've gotten off to what I believe is a really good start. I'm trying out a planted tank, and things are looking good.

I should also thank everyone who has responded to my posts, this forum is probably the most newb-friendly forum I've seen. None of the "use the search button" or "STFU newb" responses to be found.

Vmax911 said:
None of the "use the search button" or "STFU newb" responses to be found.
Our wonderful mods and great memebrs respect eachother and do a great job!
We like lots of questions, at least I do!

WELCOME TO AA!!

Back
Top Bottom