Getting back into the hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discus702

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I haven't been in the tropical fish hobby for several years, but am eagerly looking forward to re-entry!

I had some moderate success raising and breeding discus fish back in Colorado, and would like to try my hand again at it. However, since moving to Las Vegas, I have not been able to find an aquarium club for hobbyists, other than one for salt water only. I also have not been able to find any local discus breeders, even though I've been surfing the 'net, craigslist, etc.

Apparently, I will either need to get a reverse osmosis set-up or buy RO water at a local shop (50 cents a gallon, yikes) if I'm to raise discus in Sin City. The RO set up is not cheap, and there are different price ranges, depending on how many "stages." I don't have a clue as to what system I'd need for discus.

I'd like to hear from anyone with some expertise on RO, I'd love some advice on what I'd need, and also would like advice on which companies online are most reputable for selling and shipping discus.

Back
Top Bottom