getting copper out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sillyfishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been treating my fish only tank with coppersafe but its been awhile and everyone looks great, How do I get the copper out? I've done two 20% water changes and put new carbon in one of the filters and it still tests like I never did anything? Now what?? I want to put some snails in soon but I don't want to hurt them. What do I do...more water changes?

:? unfortunetly, there is little you can do. I've never done this myself so perhaps someone here can offer more advise, but from what i've heard the copper never really comes out. it is absorbed by the LR and LS and will constantly leach out into the water. :(

This is one of the many reasons a Quarantine is highly recommended. Hopefully someone here will have something to offer to correct your current problem...

ther is a copper clumping agent you can get to take the copper back out it is called CupriSorb you can find it at www.petsolutions.com. you might want to check it out. HTH.

Back
Top Bottom