Getting down to it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would suggest an external canister for a tank that large it's better to over filter than under so never fear going with to much filtration I have a canister on my 35 gal community tank which has an hourly rate over a 1000gal/hr the larger out lay of cash now will save you so much money in the future and so much time :)

Hope this helps

I checked out some of those filters and they are pretty neat! I'm probably going to get one of those when I start my next tank! But first, I need to get this one going!

image-1989324464.jpg

After a long wait, it's finally here! I put the stand together and put the tank on top. It has two 25 watt fluorescent light bulbs. I'm going to change those and get better suited florescent light bulbs for live plants.

View attachment 182677

After a long wait, it's finally here! I put the stand together and put the tank on top. It has two 25 watt fluorescent light bulbs. I'm going to change those and get better suited florescent light bulbs for live plants.

Good start.

Word of advice before you start getting fish though; go to the fish stores, make a list of the ones you like and then come back and talk to us/research.

Don't buy anything just talking to the sales person there no matter how many fish they tell you they've had or you'll most likely regret it.

I have a question now, actually. Are these lights good enough for plant growth from low light, to highlight?

The bulbs are roughly 30 inches long. Can I get some help finding the right florescent bulbs for my tank?

Do they make those in 30 inch and will that cover from low light plants, to high light plants?

If you want low light to highlight, you will need co2, ferts, and about 250-300 watts I'd say.

But idk, you need to go look for some.

The lights I have now, will they be okay for low to moderate light pants?

I'm not entirely sure. I just know both bulbs are 25 watt T8 florescent bulbs.

Like I said.........

Get T5 HO lights. 270-300 watts would get you medium-high. But you'll need pressurized co2 and ferts if you go that route.

You want something more like 6500k. 10000k will work okay, but it will be stark white and look terrible IMO.

Back
Top Bottom