Getting REALLY discouraged!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's actually quite an interesting cichlid.
They are not mouth brooders but substrate spawners and will lay eggs pretty much anywhere.
Also not just the mother cares for the fry they are community babysitters if you like.The whole family will care for the fry including slightly bigger fry and juvies.
It is also called the lyretail cichlid and princess cichlid,but it's scientific name is
Neolamprologus brichardi
It will grow to a maximum of 6" and is apparently quite a tough little cichlid which will readily spawn.

I'm gonna name it tinkerbell lol, good one! And yeah I'm reading up on them now. I have 2 just don't know the sex.

ok conster, heres my CURRENT set up w/ the new stones.. i dont really dig it LOL

for now i have all 25 cichy stones in my 55gal!! w/ a total of 8 or 9 LARGE ones!! i'm gonna have to take a few largey's out when i redo it so i can add some of my real stone too.. then maybe try to get my left & right sides higher like yours (stones wise)

i'm gonna grab some DW & more realistic plants to replace the 3 middle ones (like the ones i have on the far left & right) so i can try to emulate yours a bit :)

ALSO, i think i want to mix in black gravel now to darken it up.. OPINIONS?!?

i would switch from the dolomite to what you have (which i LOVE) but i feel like it would be easier to just mix in or overlay the black gravel....... :(

anyway, TELL ME WHAT YA THINK!!!

Attachments

• image-846982810.jpg
    image-846982810.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 76
Looks GREAT roach!! You kidding me?!? You don't like it? But I understand I'm like that too!!

Can I make some suggestions? And you mentioned them anyway do me and you think alike. Some real rocks mixed in the the stones to break it up. Some DW to also break it up and give it a more natural look. You can use crazy gel and clue some Anubias to the wood or even the real rocks!!

It will look KILLER!! Can't wait to see it when your done, and it looks amazing already!! Are we having a battle of the tanks?! lol!!

The Convict and Roach Tank Battle!! Tonight at 11!!!! :)

Convict2161 said:
Looks GREAT roach!! You kidding me?!? You don't like it? But I understand I'm like that too!!

Are we having a battle of the tanks?! lol!!

The Convict and Roach Tank Battle!! Tonight at 11!!!! :)

hahahaha seriously!!! ... all i can definitively say is we're gonna have some pruney hands when all is said & done lol

& if anyone understands my tank OCD its def you, my friend lol

& thanks.. its not horrible but it needs more than just cichy stones.. for sure & i really think the black gravel is gonna have to happen :)

ronnieroach said:
hahahaha seriously!!! ... all i can definitively say is we're gonna have some pruney hands when all is said & done lol

& if anyone understands my tank OCD its def you, my friend lol

& thanks.. its not horrible but it needs more than just cichy stones.. for sure & i really think the black gravel is gonna have to happen :)

This is gonna be awesome bro!! I'm pumped for you!! We should start a thread me and you!! :) killer Cichlid tanks by the roach and convict!!

ok con-er-eno, i made an entire thread about o.c.A.d. in freshwater showcase & then my app restarted & i lost it all.. i'll try again later but for now, heres a quick (dirty glass) shot of my NEW set up..

added:
- some more plants
- 1 of my 3 new pieces of DW
- black gravel, mixed w/ the dolomite

also, i got an albino bristle nose plec (who i know i'll have to rehome eventually but can eat my algea for now) :)

pic #1 is before, pic #2 is after :D

Attachments

• image-4086667266.jpg
    image-4086667266.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 57
  • image-1824141627.jpg
    image-1824141627.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 52
ronnieroach said:
ok con-er-eno, i made an entire thread about o.c.A.d. in freshwater showcase & then my app restarted & i lost it all.. i'll try again later but for now, heres a quick (dirty glass) shot of my NEW set up..

added:
- some more plants
- 1 of my 3 new pieces of DW
- black gravel, mixed w/ the dolomite

also, i got an albino bristle nose plec (who i know i'll have to rehome eventually but can eat my algea for now) :)

pic #1 is before, pic #2 is after :D

Why will you have to rehome your plec? Could your chiclids kill it or somthing?

ronnieroach said:
its gonna get too big for a 55gal, i believe

Oh no, if it is a bristlenose pleco it can live in a 55 forever. They typically get 5-7". Your good

ronnieroach said:
really? thats DOPE!! thanks guys!!

what don ya think of the new setup

Ya for sure! Love the tank as usual roach, especially the driftwood and chiclid stones!

thanks gboy!!

i have two more pieces of DW that i'm gonna soak for a few days .. the piece i have in already was from a tank at the lfs

im also gonna add a lot more back gravel to try & block out the dolomite

pluuuus, when i'm adding the DW this week, i'm gonna put some more real stone in too (like i did on the right)

should be sick if i do it right

heres the new set up again

Attachments

• image-2510934228.jpg
    image-2510934228.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom