Getting rid of damels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
How do you get rid of your 2 damesels but I have a trigger those of you thinking fish trap my trigger loves food and will eat it in the trap. So should I use a smaller trap

How do you get rid of your 2 damesels but I have a trigger those of you thinking fish trap my trigger loves food and will eat it in the trap. So should I use a smaller trap

Help getting rid of them asap

Good luck, damsels are fast fat bastards! I just helped a friend break down an entire 300 gallon to catch 6 of these bastards. Took about 4 hours total but we got them all. Not an easy task at the least.

I ended up having to strip my entire tank to get 1 tried for weeks to catch it

Use a trap and then if your trigger goes in there first move him into another container till you get the damsels

Without removing all LR it's luck lol. I had 2 caught one by luck and spent a week trying to catch the other one by trickery at feeding time before just removing all LR then he was still hard to catch. He would bury himself in the sand swimming from me

Shut all light off ( i mean every last one) wait about 10 minutes, then flip the tank lights on. It should buy you a split second to net them. Ive done this before and it worked. Also if thats not an option, try using 5 or 6 nets. Usually damaels will have an escape route that they take if they see ypu coming. All you have to do is block off the routes behind the rocks, then gradually move individual nets closer to him

Get a clear cup either glass or plastic and put it in a commonly used whole. Then kind of herd them with the net abs once inside the jar put the net over the entrance. This has helped me catch numerous fish. Also another truck I learned was to turn off the lights and get a flash light and shine it on them. Kind of blinds them

Back
Top Bottom