Getting snails off a plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting a load of free hornwart anyways in the add it says it will come with snails on it how do I get rid of them first i heard of a bleach or peroxide dip which one and how much to dilute it ?

peroxide is best i think. why do you want to get rid of them?unless you overfeed they wont be a problem

alLexX said:
peroxide is best i think. why do you want to get rid of them?unless you overfeed they wont be a problem

I just don't like the look of them I don't know what they are called but they are small with like a spiral shell

How much peroxide to water ratio?

I just don't like the look of them I don't know what they are called but they are small with like a spiral shell

How much peroxide to water ratio?
sound like pond snails,not sure on the ratio,as ive never wanted to get rid of snails

I do a 100% peroxide dip for 30 seconds to a minute...followed by a good rinsing in tap water. I end up with a bowl of dead snails, healthy plants...and I've never seem a single snail in my tanks :)

I do a 100% peroxide dip for 30 seconds to a minute...followed by a good rinsing in tap water. I end up with a bowl of dead snails, healthy plants...and I've never seem a single snail in my tanks :)

So you don't dilute the peroxide?

Oscarr19 said:
So you don't dilute the peroxide?

Nope...100%. My plants have never had any negative effects from the dip...and I can say from personal experience it kills the pond snails (after the dip I poured them on a paper towel and they were definitely dead). I had a plant crawling with pond snails I got from a lfs...after a 30-60 second dip and rinsing, there was a bowl of dead snails, a healthy plant and a snail free aquarium. :)

haha awesome! Deff gonna try this when i order my plants online this week. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom