getting started...2 filters AC70 & AC30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twinkey

Aquarium Advice Regular
im getting ready to fishless cycle my 40g breeder..im using a AC70 in it...will it be ok to use a AC30 with it..which i will have both filering it,will it be over filtrating for it or is it ok

You really can't over filter an aquarium at less you have to much gph and are making it to hard for your fish to swim. You'll be fine with what you have I would put one on one end of the tank and the other on the opposite side. Best of luck to ya :)

Thanks Andrew..another question..i was looking at a GREEN KILLING MACHINE--UV STERILIZER WITH POWERHEAD..have you heard anything on these and are they any good to use and when should i put one in if i do get one

I agree, more filtration the better. I believe most UV sterilizers are used to treat green algae in the water (e.g. gree water). If you don't have it, you probably don't need it.

Thank You...Librarygirl..Reason i was asking was..Is it suppose to keep your water crystal clear or do you just do the maintance..like water changes...etc

Uv sterilizers do not eliminate the need for regular, weekly water changes. The water changes remove dissolved solids, nitrates & replenish necessary buffers, electrolytes & minerals needed to keep fish healthy. :)

jlk said:
Uv sterilizers do not eliminate the need for regular, weekly water changes. The water changes remove dissolved solids, nitrates & replenish necessary buffers, electrolytes & minerals needed to keep fish healthy. :)

I agree with jlk
Don't waste your money at less your going to keep vary sensitive fish that are known for bacterial infections or parasites. Even if you have one you still need to do your weekly water changes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom