Getting started as a newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishless, I have a friend who is handling that for me he is going to help me plant it and giving me filter media to get my tank established. He also got me a test kit as a starter gift.

Fishless, I have a friend who is handling that for me he is going to help me plant it and giving me filter media to get my tank established. He also got me a test kit as a starter gift.

oh yes that's right. lol. I remember that now. I spend too much time reading on here I can't keep threads straight. lol

I know what you mean. I have become mesmerized by the photo threads. Lol

Benmstar said:
I know what you mean. I have become mesmerized by the photo threads. Lol

Haha most of us do and even have little friendly competitions. What kind of substrate are you doing? I did kitty litter in my planted tank topped with sand.

Benmstar said:
Plus from my limited knowledge goldfish need a lot of room so I would not be able to have much else in a 28 gallon tank.

You could have one fancy. But with 28 gallons you are borderline with being able to have two for which two is 30 gallons. I'm not sure about frog though with Goldies cause of the bio load.

Where are you located? Some LFS are better than others.

Benmstar said:
I was pretty excited to find this app for my phone looking into water dogs now (love google) would love to have something different. Not really worried about having a ton of fish in the tank just something cool to watch :)

Yeah great app. Read it all the time. Learned so much. Good luck with new tank.

GoldsGuy said:
You could have one fancy. But with 28 gallons you are borderline with being able to have two for which two is 30 gallons. I'm not sure about frog though with Goldies cause of the bio load.

Where are you located? Some LFS are better than others.

I don't mind getting a heater think I am going with guppies.

I am in Winston salem nc

Benmstar said:
I don't mind getting a heater think I am going with guppies.

I am in Winston salem nc

Yeah saw u were going with guppies. Nice tank. Cool tankscaping.

I'm in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Def keep us posted

Love the tank! Oh and welcome to the forum and the addiction. I saw one post on here that said he was joining AA (our forum) because he was an aquaholic.

Nimo said:
Love the tank! Oh and welcome to the forum and the addiction. I saw one post on here that said he was joining AA (our forum) because he was an aquaholic.

Ba ha ha ha ha!!!

I am still looking at everyone's pics!!! Love it!

Ok so heater shopping!!

How does everyone feel about the penn plax therma flow?

Andrew McFadden said:
Haha most of us do and even have little friendly competitions. What kind of substrate are you doing? I did kitty litter in my planted tank topped with sand.

There is sand all across the bottom.
Then once it was all planted the decorative gravel was placed in just for show. :) I wanted a little more color. Lol

Benmstar said:
There is sand all across the bottom.
Then once it was all planted the decorative gravel was placed in just for show. :) I wanted a little more color. Lol

How did you creat the "hill" for the castle? What plants you use?

GoldsGuy said:
How did you creat the "hill" for the castle? What plants you use?

The hill is actually around the castle! You don't see half of the decoration (castle) it is around 16 inches tall! There is vino grass, some java ferns, but the majority of what you see is creeping beleheri. And it is attached to the rocks! It grows in a very similar way to English ivy. Just sticks to everything. That came from a friends tank! There are probably 30 rocks of different shapes and sizes pre covered in plant. And that did not even put a dent in all the ones in his tank. (he literally has the largest tank I have ever seen in a home.) oh but the rocks are placed in a way that there are several tunnels/caves for the inhabitants to hide and play in.

Back
Top Bottom