ghost shrimp and amano shrimp together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Barb Keeper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I bought 3 amano shrimp added them to my 16 gallon. For 2 weeks they explored the tank not a care in their minds. Well one decided he was a terrestrial being and cliff dived onto the floor. Kinda crappy but he was dried up n my tiger barbs in my 30 gallon had something like red lobster dining that night. The other two seemed unphased more food for us I bet they was thinking. All was well. About a weeks later my pet store had some inexpensive ghost shrimps so I bought 4. Added them. Now the one equal sized ghost shrimp roams the front of the tank. Two others I can't find right now but I've seen one other with the guy in front before. My two more attractive amano can be found in the very back corner in between the bio sponge and glass together and both alive. Are my amano being bullied?lol id much rather have my 11$ amano comfortable than my $1.50 ghost shrimp. N if that's the case it's snack time for my 30 gallon. Any input?

Mixing different shrimp species is not a good idea. Ghost shrimps can be aggressive. Color varients of different cardinal shrimp can cross breed.

The Barb Keeper said:
So I bought 3 amano shrimp added them to my 16 gallon. For 2 weeks they explored the tank not a care in their minds. Well one decided he was a terrestrial being and cliff dived onto the floor. Kinda crappy but he was dried up n my tiger barbs in my 30 gallon had something like red lobster dining that night. The other two seemed unphased more food for us I bet they was thinking. All was well. About a weeks later my pet store had some inexpensive ghost shrimps so I bought 4. Added them. Now the one equal sized ghost shrimp roams the front of the tank. Two others I can't find right now but I've seen one other with the guy in front before. My two more attractive amano can be found in the very back corner in between the bio sponge and glass together and both alive. Are my amano being bullied?lol id much rather have my 11$ amano comfortable than my $1.50 ghost shrimp. N if that's the case it's snack time for my 30 gallon. Any input?

Sorry about that. You've gotta make sure every opening is closed. I had 2 amanos and the openings in my tank were literally an inch thick or less and I woke up one morning with them halfway across the room

Sorry about that. You've gotta make sure every opening is closed. I had 2 amanos and the openings in my tank were literally an inch thick or less and I woke up one morning with them halfway across the room

quite odd that your amano shrimps crawl out and decide to wonder off as mine have been in my tank for 4-5 months so far so good (knock on wood)

maybe your water level on your tank is high enough for them to climb out? or you think that climb out via the pipping?

Otaku521 said:
quite odd that your amano shrimps crawl out and decide to wonder off as mine have been in my tank for 4-5 months so far so good (knock on wood)

maybe your water level on your tank is high enough for them to climb out? or you think that climb out via the pipping?

Haha I have no idea. They were in there for a while tho.
I think my angels stressed them out into jumping bc before that they hid under my driftwood for an entire month where as before they were out and about

Back
Top Bottom