Ghost shrimp eggs hatched

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deenalove

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to move her and her babies, since they are still holding on to her, but I would have to put her in my 1g with my guppy. I dont want her eating my guppy since it is under an inch, any ideas?

Ghost shrimp babies need brackish water I think... and the shrimp wouldn't eat your guppy, but the guppy would eat the babies, easy.

Shrimp will jump, so cover whatever container you use loosely.

I have read that the shrimp will eat fish unde an inch. I don't have salt for brackish wate, well I have table salt and no airstone. Just glass tupperwar

The babies can't survive in freshwater; plus, feeding them is hard (they really need an established tank). Sorry.

I have 7 amanos and 3 cardinal tetras... a few of the shrimp are bigger than the tetras. They leave each other alone entirely.

Some ghost shrimp can breed in fresh water. There are several types of shrimp sold as "ghost shrimp".

these are indeed ghost shrimp the guy told me. The 1g is established and has been for 2 months. Can I add table salt to it? Can the mom be in the brackish wate?

Back
Top Bottom