Ghost shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikeeper99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was thinking about adding one or two ghost shrimp to my tank to help stir up the waste from the bottom of my tank and help with cleaning would I be able to get them if I have plecos? They're only 25 cents a piece so if they die it's not a totally big deal but do you think they'll help?

You have a clown pleco right? Shrimp will be fine. 25 cents is pretty cheap. I spent $50 on 5 blueberry shrimp in January.

Yes and two bristlenoses and I would never spend that much money on shrimp so do you think this is a good idea? I don't think it will hurt any?

I have 10 ghost shrimp in my tank and they go around cleaning and eat everywhere. I have mollys, guppy, catfish, balloon molly, and cardinal terras and everyone gets along just fine. They climb up my plant and rocks also and eat the stuff left behind. I want to get more cuz they are so neat to watch.

I guess I'll get three or four and maybe more in the future if they clean up well. Thanks!

I don't think it matters you will never see them in a tiny group. The more the merrier, they don't need much food and won't put compete your other fish

The cool thing is that they have such a tiny bioload that you could probably have a 100 of them an not even notice. For 0.25 each I would get at least 20 of them.

Back
Top Bottom