Giant Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kerrinne

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone with experiences with these guys? Are they normally so hyper? Granted, my two buenos aries now swim around with them in a pack (like a school) instead of skulking in the bottom corner like they did before I bought them. But dang...these guys are SO hyper and SUCH pigs! I feed them twice a day, and they act like I've starved them for days the way they gobble up the food! Is this normal for giant danios?

I have 8 full grown giant danio and they swim around franticly non stop, that's just what they do, and they eat like a pack of wild dogs. My giant danios even eat smaller feeder fish.

Whew...well, at least mine don't have some sort of disease as this appears to be normal then. Thanks for your input ferret and SoCal. Next tank - I want slower fish. LOL They wear me out just watching them go.

My Zebra Danios that I have in the tank with the Betta are rather calm.

Of course theres a crapload of floating hornwort in the tank for them to hide in which makes them appear more...comfortable?

My pearl danios are hyperactive too. Drives me crazy!

Aren't fish supposed to be relaxing to watch?? :roll:

Why do I always seem to end up with the freak fish that act totally different then everyone elses? :?

Well, I don't think I'd complain if I had calm danios. :) Instead of thinking of them as freaks, think of them as a blessing. hehe

Back
Top Bottom