Glofish chasing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mj131820

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 75 gallon tank, with a pleco & 3 glofish (yes I know schools should be 6). However, I've had these 3 fish for a month & noticed that they are now chasing each other constantly today. Fish chasing can be normal, but how can I tell if it's bullying or if it's harmless chasing?

Attachments

• 16216136568717486210999792227499.jpg
    16216136568717486210999792227499.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 25
Possibly, they are all males and need some females to chase around. A good mix is one or 2 females for each male.

How long has the tank been set up? Are you familiar with the nitrification cycle? The article link in my signature will help explain and give solid information for fish keeping!

I am having this same issue with my two black moors. The slightly smaller one chases the other. It doesn’t seem to bother it too much but it chases and bumps it. It is my understanding that you can’t sex them until they are at least a year old so I don’t know if that is the issue. The store I got them at said they were 1-2 months old when I got them a month ago. I know it isn’t the tank water or anything like that. They don’t seem stressed at all and they always get along. Just the slightly smaller one will chase the other for a short period then they go about their business as usual. They eat together and get along well. They are almost exactly the same size. You wouldn’t even notice the size difference if you didn’t know. I just hope they are both male cuz I already named them Mookie and Dodger and I’d hate to have to change their names since they already respond to them.

Well you have very few Glofish for such a big tank. I can understand why you wouldn’t get more, a larger quantity of them will lower their aggression levels! Think of it this way: Fish form friends with their favorite fish because every individual has different personalities AND if they’re together with just two other fish (Which they might dislike or get bored of) They have no alternative other than fight with each other because they have friends and foes.

You can get them compartible tank mates or Glofish; hope this helps! :)

Back
Top Bottom