Going Insaine Fluval 304

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMercer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Fluval 304, i have replaced the o ring, and other parts. However it still leaks. I have invested already past what my wife allowed on this canister ( i should of just scrapped it and bought a new one). Tonight i siliconed the lid to the canister, and then to be safe i hot glued it... well water still drips from different locations. I have used 2 tubes of aquarium silicone and 4 large sticks of glue (non toxic).. For the sake of arguement, and to prove my wife wrong.... how can i get it to stop leaking?

If you replaced the o-ring it should automatically stop leaking? Now is it leaking were the 2 come together or is it leaking from the aqua stop valve? I would look into the manufacturer warranty there is a 3 year limited warranty that should cover defects in the canister..... I would look into the warranty issue first before buying a new one.....

LOL i think what i have done has most certainly voided the warranty. Hot glue is a pain to remove. I tried the warranty in all seriousness. However i could not find my original receipt.. so no luck there. Duct tape maybe? J/K.

Make sure the o-ring is well lubricated with lube made especially for o-rings in filters. DO NOT USE VASELINE as it will damage the gasket. I use a product called Jacks o-ring lube . I get it from my local pool shop. Many times the extra lube will do the trick.

If not i heard the RENA canister filter are also very good as well.... But if you are doing LR you probably would only need a good Protein Skimmer and Live Rock for filtration.... IMO

Back
Top Bottom