Gold or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coralbandit

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is this a gold(ramirezi)?
99907-albums14345-picture68922.jpg

Never seen one like that?? Usually have red in the face and no Blue spangle like a gbr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is one I got a good picture of from my breeding!
Most of the lot(30) look the same.
Not quite gold,yet no traditional GBR coloring(yet).
It is the blue markings huh?

Ok so here is where I am at.
Probably not a "true gold" yet,but if I can pull a pair from this group and focus on light/less coloring then I will have created my own golds!:cool:
Where the @#$% is Andy to tell me the difference between apples and oranges NOW!:facepalm:
They are all mikrogeophagus ramirezi, just different colors like swordtails.:nono:
It took me 2-3 years but through not uncareful mixing I created my own kio swordtails from solid color stock.(y)
My red/marigold females would shoot every color under the sun.:dance:
I think I may have a shot at my own golds!
Nobody else even wants to say what it looks like?
It sure looks gold to me!

Another week goes by and still no traditional GBR coloring showing on whole tank!
No matter how they turn out I will hold on to several pairs of these guys I think.
I checked pretty thorough today with flash light on these guys eyes.
They are colored.
I mention this wondering with all nature offers and dictates where are the albino rams??
Tell me I may get golds out of this Andy!

I'll take a male!! Frankenram!!!!

It is kind of odd that it is almost 100% yellow. There's usually a light blue spangling between the vent and tail. Would you be willing to sell 6 of them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It is kind of odd that it is almost 100% yellow. There's usually a light blue spangling between the vent and tail. Would you be willing to sell 6 of them?

Big time thanks to you Gillie!:thanks:
These guys are most unusuall?:dance:
I certainly would/will sell you some if you like.(y)
I would prefer to wait this out a little longer to make sure they don't color up.
I have bred the GBR for over a year and have had more then a few that lacked color but not to this degree(I may be getting somewhere with these guys??)

I'll take a male!! Frankenram!!!!

Would going by color work on sexing these guys!!!:whistle:
Many of my females grow spiked dorsals so that would be out.:facepalm:
Males are always bigger and right now there are 5-8 that are much larger then all others!:brows:
Personally I am enjoying the mystery behind this:popcorn:!

More pics!! Let's play a game..

Was all ready to load pics and some computer BS(you kids!)
Eitherway I will be keeping 3-5 pair myself and start separating some this weekend to see if it has any effect on coloring?
On the quote contest I am all HIP!
Couldn't post yet on the last classified you ran(dude where is my lighter?).
SO I was looking at James bond Goldfinger quotes..........
My name is
***** Galore!
Goldfinger - James Bond Quotes
Beat that!
Can't believe I was censored before first read!

Still can't load more pics up ,but weekly update.:(
Coloring remains the same(very yellow IMO).
AND......EGGS!:dance:
OH yea!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
These guys can't be 3-4 months tops(think less but would have to look back(I will)).:angel:
Also sparring and other courtships taking place in the tank.(y)
There are aprox 3 that just look like uncolored GBR, all the others really look like picture!
The real kick on the eggs(looking unfertalised,but both parents are defending) is some of these guys in with them are still so small they might not be recognized as rams yet!
So I am surprised that a female is so large as only 10 or less are this large.
I don't expect the eggs to make it but I think I know the first pair I will separate.:cool:

Ok ,separated the pair and their pot to a running open 29g. last evening.
They seem fine and enjoyed blood worms this am.The eggs are all but gone as they were unfertilized.
These 2 are not the largest of the group.
I checked back in my journal and am pretty sure these guys got put into the 30B in the beginning of march,so 3 months old and less.
As I also am pretty sure another spawn was added within 2 weeks,possibly same pair,but I can't be sure.
The timing is right?
I also think I was remineralising my water then differently, which I am not now in any tank.
These fry where also the first for me to go right into a big enough tank(30B) to run a small HOB filter along with the sponge and airstones.
I wonder if either could have had some impact?
Can't think the filter much matters but the water treatment makes me wonder??

Eggs again in the tank in one of the corners.
I added terra cotta dishes and pots yesterday and they are being claimed as we speek!
I can't find any info on albino rams that doesn't go back to being Golds?
Really thinking these are one or the other?
The few that are not gold have a lateral line like Brooksters new ram ,but no real other ram markings(one is the egg in the corner owner!)

Get me some freakin pics bandit!! Pay the $12 or figure out photo bucket:p the lateral line is now gone, color is pretty spectacular really, knew I got that misfit for a reason. I'll update tonight. I think that lateral line is a stress/aggression thing??

Get me some freakin pics bandit!! I think that lateral line is a stress/aggression thing??

I got "the boy"(my son) working on the picture computer!!(You kids! He's 25)

The lines could be stress but ,I think it is a developmental phase?or some gene thing...
Much of this may actually go back to Yunite?
Does your supplier know of them?
There will be pics in good time, I am taking them(only way to prove it!)!

I'm going to breed these guys hard I think as I have been bored and have a few empty tanks.:popcorn:

Just throwing it out there, if any true albino rams pop up, I'd be willing to drop 150 on a male and female or 200 if they were bonded.....

Just throwing it out there, if any true albino rams pop up, I'd be willing to drop 150 on a male and female or 200 if they were bonded.....

Ohh noooo heeee didnt!!

I like when Gillie post but would think that the blue "spangles" would rule out true albino?
I only even give the albino a chance as I would swear while transferring the first pair last night to 29 the eyes looked red(no pigment).
Is it even possible?
I have not found one good piece of info....
The bonded part is happening right now X4 at least!
The bar on female with eggs in corner is completely gone and now she is yellow?!!!,along with her mate who is with her now!
I think I need to separate more so I can keep track of who is who if they are changing costumes!
I don't expect any of these guys to produce fertile eggs for a couple more weeks but it sure is cool watching them pair up!

Back
Top Bottom