Gold Severum with....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshv155

Aquarium Advice Activist
A Black Ghost Knife. Will this work ? I like the look of them better than the Bolivian Rams. My BGK is about 4 inches right now and the Gold Severum I would get at the LFS is pretty small currently...maybe 1 1/2 to 2 inches.

I also have a Red Tailed Shark in my 75 Gallon....any other Cichlids that would be peaceful enough to be in this tank ?

We have a black ghost knife with our fish and if you don't mind a fish that hides all the time I would think he'd be fine. The only time ours comes out is a little bit at night and when we feed him. The only thing with them is to keep them as a single, the way they find their food is some electric crap my husband knows all about, if you mix them it could cause confusion and we even heard about the mixed signals causing death.

Once fully grown the black knife will need over 100 gallon tank. I dont reccomend one for people who dont have that size tank, unless they plan on upgrading when the time has come.

I have the BGK already...he hides out all day. Just wanted to make sure the Gold Severum is compatible. I will only have 1 BGK. Should I get a pair of he Gold Severum or does that make them more aggressive. I was thinking of getting just 1.

I have no problem upgrading to a bigger tank of needed...the BGK is my favorite and I will take care of him well.

I disagree. I hav 2 severum with my pleco oscar and angel fish. Severum,oscar dis r semi-aggresive fish and I can say from my experience dat quite peaceful if u hav a 75g or larger tank. Even I hav seen in my lfs oscar, bgk & redtail shark together in d same tank

Well I got one and added it to my tank. I picked one that seemed more docile...he was kind of getting bullied around by the other gold severums...he has fit in so far. The red tailed shark has been kind of chasing him here and there...but so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom